Analysis of environmental changes based on satellite images and satellite photos of high resolution
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Nara Women's University |
SOHMA Hidehiro Nara Women's Univ., Fac. Letters, Professor, 文学部, 教授 (90196999)
NOMA Haruo Nara Women's Univ., Fac. Letters, Professor, 文学部, 教授 (00131607)
IDETA Kazuhisa Nara Women's Univ., Fac. Letters, Professor, 文学部, 教授 (40128335)
TOMATSURI Yomio Nara Women's Univ., Fac. Letters, Professor, 文学部, 教授 (60032322)
OGATA Noboru Graduate School of Kyoto Univ., Associate Professor, 大学院・人間・環境学研究科, 助教授 (30160740)
TAKADA Masashi Nara Women's Univ., Fac. Letters, Associate Professor, 文学部, 助教授 (60273827)
山近 久美子 防衛大学校, 人文科学教室, 講師
|Project Period (FY)
1999 – 2001
Completed(Fiscal Year 2001)
|Budget Amount *help
¥7,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥7,000,000)
Fiscal Year 2001 : ¥1,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,900,000)
Fiscal Year 2000 : ¥2,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥2,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,900,000)
|Keywords||Corona satellite photograph / high resolution satellite image / ruin / glacier / lake / environmental change / reconstruction of former landscape / Asia / 衛星画像 / 高解像度 / CORONA衛星写真 / タキシラ / 渤海国 / 氷河湖 / 衛星写真 / カレーズ / 氷河縮小 / サマルカンド|
In this research, environmental changes and reconstruction of former landscapes in various regions were investigated based on the interpretation of recently declassified intelligence satellite (Corona Satellite) photographs from U.S. Geological Survey, of maximum ground resolution in 2-3 meters and being able to obtain 3 dimensional image. In addition, satellite images of LANDSAT TM and SPOT were also used. And following results were obtained ;
1) In the Turpan Basin, Northwest part of China, the precise locations of the wall surrounded castle towns and their circumference ruins, such as watchtowers and Buddhism temples, and their terrestrial conditions were investigated. Differences in terrestrial conditions of main ruins became clear, and the karez system in the basin was considered to be started at the Turpan oasis from 15^<th> Century.
2) General characteristics of landforms along the main valleys in western Bhutan and hazards of natural disaster due to mass movement and a flood were discussed based on landform changes detected from photo-interpretation and field survey.
3) Based on an old map drawn in 1862 and large scale aerial photographs, land use change at the Site of Fortified Magistrate's Office at Hakodate built in the Middle of 19th Century in Hokkaido has been discussed.
4) Characteristics the ancient Mesopotamian cities and detail cities plan of the Taxila ruins in the eastern part of the Peshawar Basin, Pakistan were discussed based on interpretation of Corona satellite photographs.
5) Characteristics of resent decrease of the water area surrounding the Lake Dongting of China has changed from filling up the branches of the Yangtze River to land reclamation by drainage.
Research Products (5results)