Implementation of Adaptable Hardware and Software for Changing Environment
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||NARA INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY |
WATANABE Katsumasa Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Graduate School of Information Science, Professor, 情報科学研究科, 教授 (60026078)
HORIYAMA Takashi Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Graduate School of Information Science, Instructor, 情報科学研究科, 助手 (60314530)
TAKAGI Kazuyosi Nagoya University, Graduate School of Engineering, Lecturer, 大学院・工学研究科, 講師 (70273844)
KIMURA Shinji Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Graduate School of Information Science, Associate Professor, 情報科学研究科, 助教授 (20183303)
NAKANISHI Masaki Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Graduate School of Information Science, Instructor, 情報科学研究科, 助手 (40324967)
|Project Period (FY)
1999 – 2001
Completed (Fiscal Year 2001)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,800,000)
Fiscal Year 2001: ¥1,900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,900,000)
Fiscal Year 2000: ¥1,900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,900,000)
|Keywords||Environmental Adaptability / Re-configurability / Dynamical Re-construction / High Level Synthesis / Timing Verification / OBDD / Quantum Computing / 量子アルゴリズム / 環境適用 / 能動形プログラム / 知識ベース / 論理合成 / ハードウェアのタイミング検証 / 量子計算|
The aim of our research is how to construct adaptable hardware and software for changing environment. In design and implementat ion of new informat ion systems, we research about methods of const ruct ing re-configurable system depending on changing envi ronment from total view points of hardware and software.
Through 3 years, we studied at the fol lowing theoretical and practical aspects.
(1) From the view point of adaptable software, we propose about the representat ion and construct ion of act ive software, the spontaneity and extensibility of objects in conversational programming, and optimizing C compiler to generate optimum bit-length variables in VHDL. Then we implement some examples and show the effectiveness of our proposals.
(2) From the view point of adaptable hardware, as examples of LSI with re-configurability, we design and construct LSI of Java processor with abiliity to shorten the sequence of instructions dynamically, LSI to guess the eye track and LSI to determine the di
rect ion of face person-independently. These LSI have hardware oriented algorithms and give response in real time.
(3) About hardware synthesis and verification, we propose a new symbolic image computation algorithm based on BDD(Binary Decision Diagram) constrain operator. Then we show good performance and effectiveness of the algorithm to large scale circuits.
(4) From the view point of learning and knowledge acquirement for environmental adaptability, we propose a method based on OBDD(ordered BOD). Then we design the algorithms of mutual conversion between conventional character istic model and OBDD.
(5) We pay attention to quantum computation. Quantun computers can exploi t quantum paralleiism to recognize the dynamic characteristics of environment. Then we research non-deterministic quantum fin te automata (OFA) and compare OFA with the classical counterparts.
As results of the research, we get some mechanism for constructing systems with environmental adaptability in hardware and software totally. Less
Report (4 results)
Research Products (30 results)