Development of high speed processing silicon slicer using diamond wire tool
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Kanazawa Institute of Technology |
ISHIKAWA Ken-ichi Kanazawa Institute of Technology, Faculty of Engineering, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (00064452)
KAJIKURA Atsushi Fujikoshi Machinary Co., researcher
NISHIMOTO Yoshinobu Fujikoshi Machinary Co., Head Officer of research, 営業技術本部・研究開発部, 部長
SUWABE Hitoshi Kanazawa Institute of Technology, Faculty of Engineering, Associate Professor, 工学部, 助教授 (40202139)
鍛治倉 惇 不二越機械工業(株)・研究開発部・研究係
畝田 道雄 金沢工業大学, 工学部, 助手 (00298324)
|Project Period (FY)
1999 – 2001
Completed (Fiscal Year 2001)
|Budget Amount *help
¥8,200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥8,200,000)
Fiscal Year 2001: ¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,700,000)
Fiscal Year 2000: ¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1999: ¥4,800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,800,000)
|Keywords||Grinding / Slicing / Cutting / Wire tool / Semiconductor material / Hard and brittle material / マルチワイヤソー / ダイヤモンド砥粒|
The diamond wire saw is one of slicing methods to semiconductor materials and hard and brittle materials. And, this slicing system is begun to paid attention for near future slicer to change the multi-wire saw using slurry. The investigators designed to develop the new slicing systems and wire making system of the diamond wire saw. The slicing characteristics and the processing mechanisms were studied by using the normal size diamond wire tool and the newly developed thin wire tool with a small diameter. As the results of development of wire tool and slicer system, the followings are clear;
◎ Development of wire tool
1. The investigators made success of the thin diamond wire tool of the diameter of 180 μm by using the diamond grains of 30-40 μm and the twisting core wire (two piano wires of the diameter of 58 μm).
2. This thin diamond wire tool showed 1.3 times as much as the processing efficiency compared with the ordinary size diamond wire tool.
3. As the results of material strength and twist test, the processing wire tension of this thin diamond wire tool had to set on the value of 7,84 N or less.
◎ Development of slicing system
1. The processing efficiency by means of rotating the workpiece in the slicing was twice as much as the normal slicing (in case of no-rotating workpiece). And, the slicing by rotating the workpiece decreased the surface roughness.
2. The saw mark could decrease by setting up asynchronously the reverse time of wire running and workpiece rotating.
3. The investigators developed the new slicer for thin wire tool, and the thin wire tool became to be able to run at 200m/min as the wire running speed.
Report (4 results)
Research Products (17 results)