Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
Laboratory animal science
|Research Institution||Shiga University of Medical Science |
TORII Ryuzo Shiga University of Medical Science, Research Center for Animal Life Science, Professor, 動物生命科学研究センター, 教授 (50106647)
IRITANI Akira Kinki University, Faculty of Biology Oriented Science and Technology, Professor, 生物理工学部, 教授 (80026385)
HOSOI Yoshihiko Kinki University, Faculty of Biology Oriented Science and Technology, Professor, 生物理工学部, 教授 (70192739)
NIGI Hideo Hiroshima International University, Faculty of Infrastructural Technologies, Hiroshima International University, Professor, 社会環境科学部, 教授 (60072675)
|Project Period (FY)
1999 – 2002
Completed (Fiscal Year 2002)
|Budget Amount *help
¥12,100,000 (Direct Cost: ¥12,100,000)
Fiscal Year 2002: ¥2,200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,200,000)
Fiscal Year 2001: ¥2,700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,700,000)
Fiscal Year 2000: ¥2,600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1999: ¥4,600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,600,000)
|Keywords||JAPANESE MONKEY / IN VITRO FERTILIZATION / ICSI(1NTRACYTOPLASMIC SPERM INJECTION / IN VITRO CULTURE / EMBRYONIK STEM CELL / CRYOPRESERVATION / 顕微受精 / 凍結保存 / 体外授精 / 顕微授精-胚移植|
Results of four year (1999-2002) investigation of embryo transfer (ET) in the Japanese monkey (Macaca fuscata) in association with reproductive engineering techniques such as artificial insemination, in vitro fertilization (IVF), intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), in vitro maturation (IVM), etc., are as follows :
(1) Established method for retrieval of mature ova from eCG(PMSG), hMG and FSH stimulated ovaries using laparoscopy.
(2) Established IVF-ET method for transfer of 2-4 cell embryo to the fallopian tube under laparoscopic observation.
(3) Successfully produced world's first IVF-ET pregnancy and live birth in the Japanese monkey using this method.
(4) Established liquid nitrogen cryopreservation method for sperm collected either by electrostimulation or directly from euthanized subjects' epididymis.
(5) Established cryopreserved sperm ICSI-ET method. Successfully produced world's first ICSI-ET crab eating macaque (Macaca fascicularis) fetus using this method.
(6) Established zygo
te IVM method. Successfully established world's first embryonic stem cell (ES cell) in the Japanese monkey and the crab eating macaque using this method.
(7) Breakthrough in liquid nitrogen zygote cryopreservation close.
(8) As of today nine artificially produced individuals weaned. As of March, 2002, 28 artificial impregnations confirmed.
(9) All artificially produced individuals confirmed negative for salmonella, shigella, tuberculosis, internal parasites, external parasites, B-virus, HSV-1, SIV, SRV, SVV, filovirus, STLV, and measles antibodies. Production of specific pathogen free (SPF) individual now possible.
(10) Success producing a ISCI-ET Japanese monkey remains elusive : must identify reason why.
Following methods now established in the Japanese monkey : ova collection from stimulated ovary using laparoscopy ; ICSI ; fallopian tube ET using laparoscopy ; sperm and fertilized zygote cryopreservation. All preparations necessary for planned, indoor breeding of the Japanese monkey using these methods believed complete. Less