|Budget Amount *help
¥3,300,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,300,000)
Fiscal Year 2001: ¥500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 2000: ¥700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 1999: ¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,100,000)
The researcher has published a book : "A Study of the Warichi System in Early Modern, Japan", based on the research of the development and structure. On the base of the abovementioned study, the present study has aimed to clarify the relationship among Warichi System, Meiji Land Tax Reform and Showa Land Reform in Niigata Prefecture, in order to make clear the Warichi System in the framework of history of land system in Japan.
The followings are the major findings of researcher's current study.
(1) In the village under the Warichi System, the land ownership took a different pattern, as compared to other traditional villages, by separating the productivity and rights of land-use from their original ownership, in the early modern period.
(2) Agriculturists in the Warichi system villages, in the period of early modern, began to call the Warichi as the Jinarashi because they became thought both words had same meaning.
(3) The village type Warichi in the early modern period, was administered with following three patterns : A. Clan Type Warichi → Village Type Warichi, B. Clan Type Kenchi → Village Type Warichi, and C. Village Type Kenchi (Jinarashi) → Village Type Warichi.
(4) There were some cases that original types of Warichi-poles were used on a massive scale in each Warichi village of early modern period.
(5) In the village under the normal environmental condition, the village type Warachi in modern period was managed by the system of land cooperative in course of struggle of the Meiji Land Tax Reform.
(6) In the village type Warichi under the difficult environment, in the period of contemporary, was ran with the organisation of land cooperative in which a tenant could never be a landowner.
(7) The village type Warichi of modern and contemporary period was abolished after improvement of natural environment.