|Budget Amount *help
¥1,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,500,000)
Fiscal Year 2000: ¥600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 1999: ¥900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥900,000)
The Chinese factory in Nagasaki was composed of living quarter and warehouse area. The study about the factory which was called (Toh-kan) has been complete already. Here, the object of the study restricts to the warehouse area.
As for warehouse area's when it was formed, and for what purpose, it is made clear already.
The study take
(1) Till what time had been the warehouses in the warehouse site?
(2) The comparison with the similar facilities in China,
(3) The analysis of the warehouses and the other buildings which was built inside the warehouse site,
(4) The relation between the living quarter and the warehouse area,
(5) The relation the warehouse area to the Chinatown in the recent times, and so on.
As for (1), it made clear that from the analysis of the photograph in the early stages of Meiji era, part of warehouses had existed clearly.
As for (2), I investigated coastal cities in the southern Chinese, but there are no harbor facilities continuing from recent times. It was possible only to know through the photograph and the picture are.
As for (3), warehouse buildings are restored by take use of "the Toh-kan zu scroll" which ISHIZAKI YUSI depicted and the other historical pictures, and the old maps.
As for (4), it was possible to point out that the warehouse area was the place of the alternating current between the Japanese and the Chinese from analyzing the behavior of the Chinese being depicted in "the Toh-kan zu scroll".
As for (5), it pointed out that the architectural arrangement by the warehouse area with modern times became to the frame of china-town ward after.