Introduction of tyrosine hydroxylase gene into the cells from brain for the treatment of parkinson's disease.
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||KYUSHU UNIVERSITY |
KOYABU Noriko (2000) Graduate Sch.of Pharm.Sci., KYUSHU UNIVERSITY Research Associate, 薬学研究院, 助手 (00315102)
松尾 浩民 (1999) 九州大学, 大学院・薬学部研究科, 助手 (60274479)
KIWADA Hiroshi Tokushima Univ., Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Prof., 薬学部, 教授 (50120184)
OHTANI Hisakazu Graduate Sch.of Pharm.Sci., KYUSHU UNIVERSITY Ass.Prof., 薬学研究院, 助教授 (70262029)
SAWADA Yasufumni Graduate Sch.of Pharm.Sci., KYUSHU UNIVERSITY Prof., 薬学研究院, 教授 (80114502)
KIKUCHI Hiroshi Daiichi Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., 創剤研究所, 主任研究員
HARASHIMA Hideyoshi Hokkaido Univ., Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Prof., 薬学研究科, 教授 (00183567)
小藪 紀子 九州大学, 大学院・薬学部研究科, 助手 (00315102)
菊地 寛 第一製薬株式会社, 創剤研究所, 主任研究員
|Project Period (FY)
1999 – 2000
Completed (Fiscal Year 2000)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,000,000)
Fiscal Year 2000: ¥1,200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1999: ¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,800,000)
|Keywords||Gene Therapy / HVJ-liposomes / Parkinson' disease / Brain capillary endothelial cells / Blood-brain barrier / Glial-Derived Neurotrophic Factor / in vitro / in vivo / 遺伝子の発現|
1. The hemagglutation virus of Japan (HVJ)-liposomes were found to be a useful tool for the efficient introduction of macromolecules, including oligodeoxynucleotide, into cultured brain capillary endothelial cells in vitro.
2. Using HVJ-liposomes encapsulating a β-galactosidase gene expression vector, the gene was demonstrated to be efficiently transfered into cultured brain capillary endothelial cells in vitro.
3. The efficient transfer of gene into brain capillary in vivo was achieved by the administration of the HVJ-liposomes encapsulating a β-galactosidase gene expression vector into carotid artery. The expression of β-galactosidase at brain capillaries was found throughout the parenchyma.
4. The above results (2 and 3) indicate that the HVJ-liposome is a useful vector to transfer foreign gene into the brain capillary endothelium in vitro and in vivo.
5. Additional study demonstrated that the cultured mouse brain endothelial cells transfected with mouse glial-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) cDNA was found to secrete mature GDNF predominantly to abluminal side (brain side).
Report (3 results)
Research Products (3 results)