Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||University of Tsukuba |
ENDO Homare University of Tsukuba, Research Institute of Applied Physics (International Student Center), Professor, 物理工学系, 教授 (30092620)
ZHANG Zheng-ya University of Tsukuba, Research Institute of Agriculture&Forest Engineering, Lecturer, 農林工学系, 講師 (20272156)
CHUNG Inho University of Tsukuba, Research Institute of Disability Science, Associate Professor, 心身障害学系, 助教授 (80265529)
LEE Sang-moo University of Tsukuba, Research Institute of Physics, Professor, 物理学系, 教授 (10175028)
MITO Takamichi The Chinese University of HongKong, Department of Japanese Studies, Professor (Transferred from Kyushu University, International Student Center in 2003), 日本研究科(平成13年度九州大学留学生センターから転職), 教授 (30284574)
OSHIDA Tomohiko University of Tsukuba, Research Institute of Policy&Planning Sciences, Lecturer, 社会工学系, 講師 (40283494)
三木 ひろみ 筑波大学, 体育科学系, 講師 (60292538)
|Project Period (FY)
1999 – 2001
Completed (Fiscal Year 2001)
|Budget Amount *help
¥35,330,000 (Direct Cost: ¥32,000,000、Indirect Cost: ¥3,330,000)
Fiscal Year 2001: ¥14,430,000 (Direct Cost: ¥11,100,000、Indirect Cost: ¥3,330,000)
Fiscal Year 2000: ¥9,900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥9,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1999: ¥11,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥11,000,000)
|Keywords||returned Asian international students / comparative survey between Japan and western countries / effect of studying abroad / evaluation to Doctoral degree / evaluation to education / treatment in local company from Japan / attractive force to study in Japan / 日本留学 / 欧米留学 / 帰国留学生 / アジア / 比較調査 / 留学印象|
From the 6th fiscal year of Heisei to the 8th, we have investigated the comparative effects of studying abroad in Japan, Europe or America concerning former Chinese international students by the financial aid of Kaken of the Ministry of Education, securing a fruitful result. So, we have tried to investigate the same relative effects about the former international students from Korea, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Macao and Tai Land. At the results, we attained the following data :
1. The former international students studying both in Japan and in western, countries evaluated that their study in abroad is not the failure and they can exercise their effects studying abroad after returning to their home country.
2. The students in East Asia who have higher academic background have the tendency to go to America or Europe, and the lower to Japan.
3. In every country in East Asia, the number of students who go to Europe or America surpasses in the number to Japan.
4. The education and the doctora
l degree in western countries are highly evaluated than those in Japan.
5. It is favorable for international students in Japan in proceeding Doctoral degree.
6. We cannot find many complaints about scholarship in the international students studied in Japan.
7. Troubles are often found between academic advisors and international students in Japan, and at the same time, they have a tendency to keep touch with each other after a return home.
8. International students who have studied in Japan often had unfavorable impression to Japan before coming to Japan, but most of them take a favorable turn.
9. The globalization in an economic world is producing influences upon the attractive force in the choice of countries to study abroad. Local corporations in East Asian countries from western countries, especially from America, employ not a few local citizens, and give them very good treatment in salary or promotion. Some of workers can have the chance even to become a president. On the contrary, the local corporations from Japan not only employ very few local citizens, but also don't give them good treatment in salary and promotion, and it is very rare to find president in local workers. At the result, the excellent students who have big dreams in their future don't go to Japan but go to western countries, especially to America to study in order to catch a big chance. This situation produces very significant effect on attracting students to study abroad. Therefore, if Japan wants to pull excellent international students come to Japan to study, the improvement on education and the treatment of workers in Japanese company are indispensable. Less