Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||The University of Tokyo |
OHBA Hideaki University Museum, The University of Tokyo, Professor, 総合研究博物館, 教授 (20004450)
TSUKAYA Hirokazu Okazaki Research Institutes, Center for Integrative Bioscience, Associate Professor, 総合バイオサイエンスセンター, 助教授 (90260512)
AKIYAMA Shinobu National Science Museum, Senior Curator, 植物研究部, 主任研究官 (50196515)
WAKABAYASHI Michio Tokyo Metropolitan University, Faculty of Science, Professor, 大学院・理学研究科, 教授 (50087152)
MIYAMOTO Futoshi Tokyo University of Agriculture, Faculty of Agriculture, Lecturer, 農学部, 講師 (00241092)
IKEDA Hiroshi Okayama University of Science, Faculty of Informatics, Lecturer, 総合情報学部, 講師 (30299177)
黒沢 高秀 福島大学, 教育学部, 助教授 (80292449)
大森 雄治 横須賀市, 自然・人文博物館, 学芸員 (10150210)
舘野 正樹 東京大学, 理学系研究科, 助教授 (00179730)
|Project Period (FY)
1999 – 2001
Completed (Fiscal Year 2001)
|Budget Amount *help
¥24,810,000 (Direct Cost: ¥22,500,000、Indirect Cost: ¥2,310,000)
Fiscal Year 2001: ¥10,010,000 (Direct Cost: ¥7,700,000、Indirect Cost: ¥2,310,000)
Fiscal Year 2000: ¥7,600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥7,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1999: ¥7,200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥7,200,000)
|Keywords||Himalaya / flora / alpine region / species diversity / biogeography / alpine flora / polyploidy / Tibet Plateau|
1. Field research : Field research was held in Nepal, Myanmar and China. The main purposes are to collect herbarium specimens and samples for molecular and cytological studies, and observations on reproductions and variations.
(1) Nepal : Jaljale Himal (August to September in 1999) and East Nepal (May to June in 2001).
(2) Myanmar : Central part (August in 2000).
(3) China : East Tibet (July to August in 2000) and Yunnan and Tibet (July to August in 2001).
2. Analyzes based on collected materials and specimens
(1) Taxonomical study was done mainly based on the collected specimens.
(2) For cytotaxonomic study the following genera, Saxifraga, Potentilla, Impatiens, Primula, Saussurea and Cremanthdium were studied.
(3) For phylogenetical study the following genera, Rhodiola, Saxifraga, Impatiens, Saussurea and Cremanthdium were studied.
(1) The results of this research were published in papers and lectured.
(2) The collected specimens were deposited in the Herbarium, University of Tokyo. The complete duplicate set was sent to Herbaria of Kunming Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences for the plants collected from China, and Department of Plant Resources for those from Nepal.