Virtual Chemical Education-Novel Teaching via Internet
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A).
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Kanagawa University |
TAKEUCHI Yoshito Kanagawa University, Faculty of Science, Professor, 理学部, 教授 (80012384)
YOSHIDA Hiroshi Hiroshima Univ., Faculty of Science, Ass.Professor, 理学部, 助教授 (60222395)
ITO Masato m. Soda University, Faculty of Engineering, Ass.Professor, 工学部, 助教授 (10159915)
HOSOYA Haruo Ochanomizu University, Faculty of Science, Professor, 理学部, 教授 (10017204)
HOLLINGWORTH Rowan Dept of Chemistry, Univy of New England, Lecturer
RZEPA Henry Imperial College, London, Dept of Chemistry , Professor
SANDERSON R. university of Stellenbosch, Dept of Chemistry, Professor
LAGOWSKI J.j. University of Texas, Dept of Chemistry, Professor
|Project Period (FY)
1999 – 2000
Completed (Fiscal Year 2000)
|Budget Amount *help
¥10,300,000 (Direct Cost: ¥10,300,000)
Fiscal Year 2000: ¥4,900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1999: ¥5,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥5,400,000)
|Keywords||Internet / Chemical education / distance education / MOLDA / multimedia teaching materials / IUPAC / IUPAC.CTC / IUPAC CTC / 国際協力 / 国際純正・応用化学連合 / WWW|
1 Promotoion of VCE by symposia organized by us.
Our activity is concentrated to advocate Virtual Chemical Education, an extensive application of internet to promote chemical education throughout the world. For this purpose we organized symposia at various occasions since such is in general a very good opportunity to promote the idea.
(1) 78^<th> Annucal Meeting, Chemical Society of Japan (April 2000), Symposium ; Internet and Chemical Education
(2) 8th Asian Chemical Congress (November 2000, Taipei), Symposium ; Chemical Education in Asia
(3) 16^<th> International Conference on Chemical Education (Augsut 2000, Budapest), Symposium ; Internationalization of Distance Education via Internet.
(4) Pacifichem2000 (December 2000, Honolulu), Symposium ; International Relationship in Chemical Education.
(5) 79^<th> Annucal Meeting, Chemical Society of Japan (April 2001), Symposium ; Use of Internet in Primary and Secondary Education.
2 Electronic publications. It is one of our role to make some good contents by ourselves.
(l) Most important contribution is the publishing an electronic journal for IUPAC-CTC.This is : Y.Takeuchi J.Laoowski and M.M.Ito, ed. Chemical Education International---Material, Life and Environment. 8an electronic journal for the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry, Committee on Teaching of Chemistry : http : //ce.t.soka, ac.jp/cei/v lnl/
(2) Another work is a electronic transformation of well-read textbook of stereochemistry.
Y.Takeuchi, M.M.Ito and collaborators, Takeuchi's Stereochemistry ; a multimedia teaching material. http : //ce/stereo/index-j.html#Anchor187585.
3 Other activities
We published a series of papers for promoting VCE.This occupies whole pages of one issue of an electronic journal, Chemical Education Journal.
Report (3 results)
Research Products (20 results)