A PRACTICAL AND COMPARATIVE STUDY ON TEACHER TRAINING
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||FUKUSHIMA UNIVERSITY |
USUI Kazuyoshi FUKUSHIMA UNIVERSITY, DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION, PROFESSOR, 教育学部, 教授 (50151866)
MATSUSHITA Yukunori FUKUSHIMA UNIVERSITY, DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, 教育学部, 助教授 (60229474)
MORI Tomotaka FUKUSHIMA UNIVERSITY, DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION, PROFESSOR, 教育学部, 教授 (50114004)
HAMAZIMA Kyoko FUKUSHIMA UNIVERSITY, DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION, PROFESSOR, 教育学部, 教授 (20125785)
MITSUISHI Hatsuo TOKYO GAKUGEI UNIVERSITY, CURRICULAM CENTER FOR TEACHER, PROFESSOR, 教員養成カリキュラム開発センター, 教授 (10157547)
ASAKA Toshihiko FUKUSHIMA UNIVERSITY, DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, 教育学部, 助教授 (80272087)
臼井 嘉一 福島大学, 教育学部, 教授 (50151866)
吉田 孝 福島大学, 教育学部, 教授 (50031919)
飯嶋 良太 福島大学, 教育学部, 講師 (00232116)
|Project Period (FY)
1999 – 2001
Completed (Fiscal Year 2001)
|Budget Amount *help
¥6,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥6,400,000)
Fiscal Year 2001: ¥2,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,000,000)
Fiscal Year 2000: ¥2,200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1999: ¥2,200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,200,000)
|Keywords||THE STUDENT TEACHING PROGRAM / THE EVALUATION OF STUDENT TEACHING / INTERNATIONAL EXCHANGE RESEARCH / THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA / THE STATE OF WISCONSIN / EAU CLAIRE / ウイスコンシン州 / オークレ学校区 / 日米比較 / 教員養成 / 教育実習 / 比較教育 / 教員養成プログラム / 教員養成カリキュラム|
The purposes of this research were:
1) Comparison of the ideas and contents of the student teaching programs in the US and Japan.
2) Comparison of the roles and responsibilities of university supervisors and cooperating teachers.
3) Comparison of basic expectations of abilities and skills of student teachers.
4) Comparison of the evaluation of student teachers.
We got the results of each comparison below.
1. Japanese system is a practice only for students' teaching experience and opportunity, while American system is a practice for being an independent teacher. This result can be specifically shown in the length of term of4〜6 weeks at 4th grade in Japan and of 18 weeks minimum for one to three years in America.
2. Japanese teachers are required to be models of how to teach at the classes and how to discipline the students. American teachers are required to be personal models to help student teachers to be independent teachers. Japanese university supervisors play as communicators between cooperating teachers and American university supervisors play as consultants or advisers.
3. American student teachers are required to have responsibility about everything in the class rooms. So, they are expected to have both abilities and skills about the class management and how and what they teach to the students. Japanese student teachers are required to have less responsibility of the class management and required to focus on how and what they teach.
4. Japanese evaluation system owes for cooperating schools' American evaluate system needs the consistent evaluation standards because student teachers accumulate their teaching experience in three years, and the standards are open to the student teachers. On the occasion of evaluation, the supervisor, the cooperating teacher, and the student teacher talk over together.
Report (4 results)
Research Products (18 results)