Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Kansai University |
SAKADE Yoshinobu Kansai Univ. Faculty of Literature, Prof., 文学部, 教授 (30067574)
TEI Seiko Notre Dame seishin Univ. Faculty of Literature, Prof., 文学部, 教授 (00236960)
OGATA Tohru Osaka Prefecture Univ. Graduate Schools, Division of Humanities and Social Sciences, Prof., 大学院・文化学研究科, 教授 (60152063)
YAMAZATO Junichi Univ. of the RYUKYUS, Faculty of Law and Letters, Prof., 法文学部, 教授 (50166659)
MATSUMOTO Atsutoshi Komazawa Univ. Department of Languages, Prof., 外国語部, 教授 (70052488)
UCHIDA Keiichi Kansai Univ. Faculty of Literature, Prof., 文学部, 教授 (60115293)
頼富 本宏 種智院大学, 仏教学部, 教授 (50065934)
|Project Period (FY)
2000 – 2002
Completed (Fiscal Year 2002)
|Budget Amount *help
¥13,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥13,400,000)
Fiscal Year 2002: ¥2,300,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,300,000)
Fiscal Year 2001: ¥3,900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,900,000)
Fiscal Year 2000: ¥7,200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥7,200,000)
|Keywords||Urbanization / Syncretism with the religion of Aborigine / Bentougong / Nadugong / Dapogong / Santo Nino / Zhengyis / The suppression for the house the house evils / 現地信仰との融合 / 孔子公 / 那姙太子 / 媽祖 / 玉皇大帝 / 出身地の民間信仰 / 広沢尊王 / 東南アジア華人街 / 現地人との融合 / 九皇爺 / 金門島 / 晋江 / マニラ / シーサー / 辟邪呪物 / 呪符 / 台南 / 道教閭山派道士 / 〓南地域 / 正一派道観 / 全真教道観 / 近代化、合理化|
About this subject from 2000 to this year we had seven times of oversea researches, one time of research for Okinawa and twice times of the report meetings. Especially about oversea research we researched the evil things or paper charms of Taoistic and Esoteric Buddhism (Mikkyo) at Taiwan, south area of Fujian in mainland China, Thailand, Malaysia, Manila and Singapore. Now we will explain the distinctive phenomena here.
1) In the south area of Taiwan, the evil things or the charms became to reduce according with the modernization and urbanization of the houses and the roads.
2) In Jinmen island there is remained the various and curious charms or talismans of the suppression for the house evils. This district is a kind of the treasure storehouse of the evil things or the charms.
3) In Xiamen (Amoy) and Zhuanchou like as Taiwan, the evil things or the charms became to reduce according with the modernization and urbanization of the houses and the roads. But in Zhangchou district there only
remained the old structures, so we can see many curious talismans of Zhenyi sect of Taoism.
4) At the streets of Hong Kong City we mostly can not see the evil things. But in the district of Qiurong Taoist churches of Zhuanzhen sect issues the talismans a little.
5) In Thailand and Malaysia there are many immigrants from the south area of Fujian, so we can see the various talismans or charms of Zhengyi sect of Taoism. Especially in Thailand we can see the syncretic evil things with Thailand Buddhism and in Malaysia we can see everywhere the syncretic evil things (Nategong) with the religion of Malaysian aborigine.
6) In Manila the Taoistic church strongly connect with the Taoism of Qinjian of mainland, so we can see the various talismans or charms. We must pay attention about Prince Nuo-zha statue of Taoism. It is much like Santo Nino of infant Christ.
7) In Singapore we mostly can not see the evil things because the modernization and urbanization is positively progressed. But we can see everywhere Dapogong of the syncretism with the land religion of Malaysian and Chinese.
As the whole, we have many interest results by this project. Less