Developmental analyzes of primordial-germ cells and induction of germ-line chimera in fish
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||HOKKAIDO UNIVERSITY |
YAMAHA Etsuro Hokkaido Univ., Field Science Center for Northern Biosphere. Asso. Prof., 北方生物圏フィールド科学センター, 助教授 (60191376)
KINOSHITA Masato Kyoto Univ. Grad. School of Agriculture. Inst., 大学院・農学研究科, 助手 (60263125)
HIRAI Toshiro Teikyo Univ, of Sci. and Tech., Div. of Advance Sci. and Tech. Inst., 理工学部, 助手 (30238331)
ARAI Katsutoshi Hokkaido Univ., Grad. School of Fish. Sci. Prof., 大学院・水産科学研究科, 教授 (00137902)
YOSHIZAKI Goro Tokyo Univ. of Fisheries, Fac. of Fish. Inst., 水産学部, 助手 (70281003)
|Project Period (FY)
2000 – 2001
Completed (Fiscal Year 2001)
|Budget Amount *help
¥14,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥14,400,000)
Fiscal Year 2001: ¥5,600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥5,600,000)
Fiscal Year 2000: ¥8,800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥8,800,000)
|Keywords||embryogenesis / germ-line chimera / goldfish / primordial germ cells / rainbow trout / transgenic trout / vasa / vas-GFP / 生殖系列キメラ / PGCs / 中胚葉誘導 / vasa / vasa-GFP / 生殖細胞キメラ|
1) Distribution of vas mRNA were analyzed by whole mount in situ hybridization during embryogenesis in goldfish. There are some difference of distribution of vas mRNA between goldfish and zebrafish.
2) In goldfish, functional PGCs were differentiated from mesoderm deficient embryo.
3) In goldfish, PGCs migrated passively by convergence and extension movement during gastrulation.
4) Germ-line chimera was successfully induced by transplantation of graft, containing PGCs, to host embryo at the blastula stage.
5) Sperm derived from donor was only generated in germ-line chimera by using sterile hybrid as host embryo.
6) Transgenic trout strains having GFP-labeled PGCs were established.
7) A technique to purify live PGCs using a flow cytometer was developed.
8) Genes expressed specifically in PGCs were isolated by the cDNA subtraction method.
9) A technique for PGCs transplantation using isolated GFP-labeled PGCs was developed in order to establish a procedure for re-introducing donor PGCs in to the germline to recipient fish.
Report (3 results)
Research Products (58 results)