Estimation of Ocean Wave Characteristics and Improvements of Ship Performance of Coastal Cargo Ship
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||HIROSHIMA UNIVERSITY |
SAITO Kimio Hiroshima Univ. Grad. School for Int. Dev. & Coop, Prof., 大学院・国際協力研究科, 教授 (50029279)
HIGO Yasushi Hiroshima Univ. Grad, School of Engineering Assoc. Prof., 大学院・国際協力研究科, 助教授 (20156582)
TAKAKI Mikio Hiroshima Univ. Grad. School of Engineering Prof., 大学院・工学研究科, 教授 (00038556)
KOSE Kuniji Hiroshima Univ. Grad. School of Engineeiing Prof., 大学院・工学研究科, 教授 (40034409)
MATSUDA Akihiko National Research Inst. of Fisheries Eng., Fishing Technology Division, Researcher, 農林水産技官(研究職)
UMEDA Naoya Osaka Univ. Grad. School of Engineering Assoc. Prof., 大学院・工学研究科, 助教授 (20314370)
小寺山 亘 九州大学, 応用力学研究科, 教授 (80038562)
今井 康貴 広島大学, 大学院・国際協力研究科, 助手 (90284231)
|Project Period (FY)
2000 – 2002
Completed (Fiscal Year 2002)
|Budget Amount *help
¥8,100,000 (Direct Cost: ¥8,100,000)
Fiscal Year 2002: ¥2,300,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,300,000)
Fiscal Year 2001: ¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,100,000)
Fiscal Year 2000: ¥3,700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,700,000)
|Keywords||Coastal Sea Area / Wave Characteristics / Service Performance / Coastal Cargo Ship|
Model experiments in waves and full-scale measurements on the coastal cargo ship have been conducted and the following conclusions are obtained:
1) The estimation method for the wave characteristics has been proposed and the capability of this approach has been confirmed by comparing the significant wave heights, average wave periods and wave directions obtained from the encounter waves measured on the towing carriage, with the ones from the direct measurement of waves in the experimental tank.
2) When the estimated values obtained from the ship motions in waves are compared with the direct measurement of waves in the experimental tank, it was found that the average wave periods give comparably good results, the significant wave heights are different in the following waves and the wave directions has an accuracy of 70〜80% in. the range of 30 degree.
3) The distribution of acceleration in the cargo hold can be estimated from the measured data of ship responses in the bridge of the coastal cargo ship "Yusho-Maru"(Length 76m, Breadth 12m).
4) The practical method for estimating the amount of shipping water into the hold over the hatch coamings of a hatch coverless container ship, which has a large deck area from the bow to the location of hatch coaming, is proposed by combining the "dam breaking theory" and "wave overtopping theory" with "flood waves theory".
5) Regarding the safe and scheduled operation of the ship, the relations between the occurence of shipping water and operational conditions (ship course and speed) has been investigated and the operation diagram for the master to prevent shipping water has been shown.
Report (4 results)
Research Products (11 results)