International Study on 21st University Image Construction and Strategic Organizational Reforms
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||HIROSHIMA UNIVERSITY |
ARIMOTO Akira Hiroshima University, Research Institute for Higher Education, Director, 高等教育研究開発センター, センター長 (00030437)
BEPPU Akiro Meiji University, School of Arts and Letters, Professor, 文学部, 教授 (70062015)
YAMANOI Atsunori Hiroshima University, Research Institute for Higher Education, Professor, 高等教育研究開発センター, 教授 (80019067)
EHARA Takekazu Kyoto University,Graduate School of Education,Professor, 大学院・教育学研究科, 教授 (00012568)
KANEKO Motohisa Tokyo University, Center for Research and Development of Higher Education, Professor, 大学総合教育研究センター, 教授 (10185936)
YAMAMOTO Shinichi Tsukuba University, Research Center for University Studies, Director, 大学研究センター, センター長 (10220469)
|Project Period (FY)
2000 – 2002
Completed (Fiscal Year 2002)
|Budget Amount *help
¥14,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥14,400,000)
Fiscal Year 2002: ¥2,900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,900,000)
Fiscal Year 2001: ¥5,800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥5,800,000)
Fiscal Year 2000: ¥5,700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥5,700,000)
|Keywords||University Image / Strategic Organizational Reforms / International Study / Operating Unit of Academic Organization / Finance / Evaluation / 6カ国教育研究プロジェクト / 学長サミット|
As described in the annual reports, the international comparative study has brought about various outcomes. Related to the title of this study which has two parts, total outcomes are mainly result in a final report "International Study on 21st University Image Construction and Strategic Organizational Reforms". Based on this report, the side of construction of university image, the first of two parts, has the following outcomes.
1. Every country has expectation toward academic reforms owing to social change including globalization, market mechanism, and knowledge-based society, etc.
2. University image construction has become problem with relationship to each phase of higher education system: national government; academic institutions; operating unit.
3. According to comparison of national systems of higher education based on their own types, differences between European Continental, American, and Japanese types, for example, are recognized to the extent that they have their own characteristics.
4. American model of higher education is increasingly imported into the current Asian systems such as Singapore and China.
Next, the side of strategic organizational reform, the second of two parts, has the following outcomes.
1. This side is generally changing toward the pursuit of rationalization in accordance with the structural change of tbe side of system.
2. The operating unit of academic organization which has been characterized with "organizational anarchy" is moving toward exploration of scientific frontier.
3. Current strategic organizational reforms in the World are going toward three directions: management of corporation; lack of institutional autonomy; procession to bureaucratization.
4. Conflicts between such orientation toward "accountability" and that toward "academic autonomy" intrinsic to the traditional universities are constantly glowing.
Report (4 results)
Research Products (19 results)