Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Keio University |
IKEDA Kazushige Keio University School of Medicine, Assistant Professor, 医学部, 専任講師 (00193194)
林田 慎哉 慶應義塾大学, 医学部, 助手 (70276319)
時枝 啓介 慶應義塾大学, 医学部, 助手 (20227565)
|Project Period (FY)
2000 – 2002
Completed (Fiscal Year 2002)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,200,000)
Fiscal Year 2002: ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 2001: ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 2000: ¥1,200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,200,000)
|Keywords||fetus / lung maturation / lung hypoplasia / surfactant / threshold of viability / KL-6 / サーファクタント蛋白 / 胎児肺 / 低形成肺 / 胎内MRI / 2,4-dichlorophenyl-p-nitrophenyl ether / SSFSE法|
The prognosis of respiratory distress syndrome has been dramatically improved since synthetic surfactant was available. However, neonates with pulmonary hypoplasia have a high mortality despite advances in medical management, and the treatment of pulmonary hypoplasia remains difficult in neonatal medicine. The analysis of fetal lung structure during mid-gestation,especially around the threshold of viability, is important from the point of view of 1) the strategy to manage the babies with pulmonary hypoplasia, and 2) improvement of the prognosis of ultra-premature babies born less than 23 weeks gestation. We investigated the following subjects between April, 2000 and March, 2003:
1.the basic research on treatment of lung hypoplasia following intrauterine exposure to nitrofen.
2.lung maturation in a case of congenital tracheal agenesis.
3.lung maturation of human fetuses in mid-gastation, especially 21 weeks gestation.
4.threshold of viability from the point of view of birth weight.
5.intrauterine expression of surfactant protein D in human fetuses.
1. Respiratory status of lung hypoplasia induced by nitrofen was improved by intratrachal administration of perflurocarbon.
2. Lung maturation of fetal tracheal agenesis in mid-gestaion appeared to be more advanced than control group.
3. The production of mature surfactant protein B in terminal airways is scarce at 21 weeks gestation, which is associated with the immature mechanism of proprotein processing in the cytoplasm.
4. We reported an ultra-premature baby of 289 gram birth weight, who is born June 1999.
5. The production of surfactant protein D in human fetal lungs begins in bronchiolar and terminal airways from about 21 weeks gestation.