To build a linkage model for education on nursing ethics
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Sapporo Medical University |
OHINATA Terumi Sapporo medical university, School of health sciences, Associate professor, 保健医療学部, 助教授 (30223944)
TANO Erika Sapporo medical university, School of health sciences, Instructor, 保健医療学部, 助手 (90336412)
KIGUCHI Sachiko Sapporo medical university, School of health sciences, Instructor, 保健医療学部, 助手 (70311892)
HORIGUCHI Masami Sapporo medical university, School of health sciences, Assistant professor, 保健医療学部, 講師 (10217185)
INABA Yoshie Sapporo medical university, School of health sciences, Professor, 保健医療学部, 教授 (90159955)
酒井 英美 札幌医科大学, 保健医療学部, 助手 (10285009)
|Project Period (FY)
2000 – 2002
Completed (Fiscal Year 2002)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,400,000)
Fiscal Year 2002: ¥500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 2001: ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 2000: ¥900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥900,000)
|Keywords||Nursing ethics / Nursing education / Teaching methodology / Nursing practice of fundamental / 基礎実習|
1. Purpose of our study :
To design and implement an education program on nursing ethics in coordination between university and practical training facilities in order to upgrade the clinical ability of nursing students conceming ethical decision in nursing
1) We surveyed junior students at nursing university conceming their experiences in ethical issues.
* We investigated what sorts of experience sophomores in nursing university had undergone with respect to ethical issues in their rudimentary practical training classes. The result revealed that the great majority of these younger students have been faced with some ethical problems involving privacy, safety and comfort.
2) We conducted a survey of practical training lecturers about their teaching on nursing ethics.
* Its findings clearly show that the lecturers of practical training have been unable to sense the ethical experiences of nursing students and moreover that they have not taught them ethical problems appropriately.
prepared and implemented a program for the lecturers of practical training and nursing student with the objective of designing an teaching method that would connect university lecture to practical training.
(1) We prepared and implemented an education program on nursing ethics for junior nursing students.
* We designed and implemented an education program for teaching nursing ethics to sophomores. The evaluation of the program suggests that it has been effective for the conceptual formation of nursing ethics among these junior student.
(2) We prepared and implemented an education program on nursing ethics for the lecturers of practical training.
* We planned and implemented lectures and workshops. Subsequent to the completion of the entire course, we conducted a survey by questionnaires. Its findings demonstrate that the lectures have been effective for the formation of an ethical concept. With respect to the workshop, we are still in the process of analysis and plan to make a general revision of the program. Less
Report (4 results)
Research Products (15 results)