A Study on the Unity of the Cognition Process and the Socialization Process in Social Studies Education
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Kumamoto University |
MIYAMOTO Mitsuo Kumamoto University, Faculty of Education, Professor, 教育学部, 教授 (40039441)
|Project Period (FY)
2000 – 2001
Completed(Fiscal Year 2001)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,800,000)
Fiscal Year 2001 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 2000 : ¥1,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,100,000)
|Keywords||social studies education / cognition process / socialization process / social cognition / socialship / problem-solving learning / 事実認識 / 関係認識 / 本質認識 / 社会適応性 / 社会創造性|
This research aims at constructing the theory on the unity of the social cognition process and the socialization process in social studies education, and developing the social studies learning programs and subject matters based on the theory.
This research results are summarized as follows :
(1) The whole structure related to the purpose, goal, content, method of social studies education was clarified.
(2) The concept of "social cognition" was clarified, and the process that cultivates social cognition was clarified.
(3) The concept of "socialship" was clarified, and the socialization process that forsters socialship was clarified.
(4) It was clarified that the method principle unifying the social cognition process and the socialization process is "problem-solving learning process". The needs to be making "problem-solving learning process" to "group thinking expression interchange process" was clarified.
(5) The lesson theory that unifies the social cognition process and the socialization process was established, in order to foster social cognition and socialship simultaneously.
(6) The social studies learning programs and subject matters, which are from the third year in elementary school to the second year in junior high school, based on the lesson theory that unifies the social cognition process and the socialization process in social studies education were developed with getting the research cooperation of the elementary school and junior high school teachers in Kumamoto Prefecture. Classes were done by using the learning programs and subject matters, and improvements were added to them as the results, and the models of them were presented.
Research Products (23results)