Research on utilization of the CALL system and development of digital teaching material with a view of improving foreign language teaching on the college level
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Shizuoka University |
HONDA Kyoji Shizuoka University, Faculty of Information, Professor, 情報学部, 教授 (70022259)
HORIUCHI Hiroaki Shizuoka University, Faculty of Information, Associate Professor, 情報学部, 助教授 (40221569)
ZUSHI Mitsumasa Shizuoka University, Faculty of Information, Associate Professor, 情報学部, 助教授 (90187823)
MORINO Satoko Shizuoka University, Faculty of Information, Professor, 情報学部, 教授 (90213040)
KONISHI Tatsuhiro Shizuoka University, Faculty of Information, Associate Professor, 情報学部, 助教授 (30234800)
KONDO Makoto Shizuoka University, Faculty of Information, Associate Professor, 情報学部, 助教授 (30225627)
|Project Period (FY)
2001 – 2002
Completed (Fiscal Year 2002)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,600,000)
Fiscal Year 2002: ¥900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥900,000)
Fiscal Year 2001: ¥2,700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,700,000)
|Keywords||English teaching / foreign language teaching / CALL / communication / self-learning / TOEIC / digital teaching material / software for learning|
1. We surveyed several institutions in Japan through 2001 to 2002 about the present situation of foreign language teaching utilizing the CALL system, to find that there are certainly great possibilities of developing efficient teaching methods of foreign languages.
2. What we found through the research are as follows :
(1) It is getting far easier to digitalize conventional analogue teaching material due to development of devices for such purposes.
(2) It is necessary to design English conversation teaching material for the CALL system, where we should take into account the pair-lessons and group lessons.
(3) The digital teaching materials for reading English passages and teaching English constructions are produced in CD forms.
(4) A self-learning system of Chinese could be realized by a learning software called Call99u.
(5) There are already excellent commercialized self-diagnostic system for students' proficiency and progress, and we found that we should study how to incorporate such systems into our CALL system.
(6) The CALL system enables us to get good grasp of each student's weak points on TOEIC Test, which can lead to refined teaching methods.
(7) We have been improving our materials every time we developed them, trying them on the CALL system.
Report (3 results)
Research Products (3 results)