International comparative study of Americanization history in Asia
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Waseda University |
HARA Terushi Waseda University, School of Commerce, Professor (30173066)
YONEKURA Seiichiro Hitotsubashi University, Institute of Innovation Research, Professor (00158528)
MIYAMOTO Matao Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics, Professor (50030672)
HIROTA Isao University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Economics, Professor (90055236)
KUDO Akira University of Tokyo, Institute of Social Science, Professor (90092197)
WATANABE Junko University of Electro-Communications, Associate Professor (90261271)
澤井 実 大阪大学, 経済学研究科, 教授 (90162536)
|Project Period (FY)
2001 – 2002
Completed (Fiscal Year 2002)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,100,000)
Fiscal Year 2002: ¥700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 2001: ¥1,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,400,000)
|Keywords||Americanization / Globalization / Asian Management / European Management History / Modern Japanese Management History / Modern Japanese Economic History / Regional Management History / America, Germany, France / 東アジア経済史 / アジア経済 / 国際研究者交流 / 国際情報交換 / アメリカ,ドイツ,フランス / アルゼンチン(ベノス・アイレス) / モンベイアリザション|
1. Fiscal Year 2001
(1) April-May : Each member shared an awareness of the issues regarding "Americanization in Asia" by collecting and reading related literature.
(2) May 16-18 : The International Conference on Americanization in Asia was organized. Scholars from Japan, South Korea, France, etc.were participated.
(3) May 19 : A panel discussion titled "Americanization and economy in the East Asia" Was organized on the 70th National Conference of Socio-Economic History Society (at Sophia University).
2. Fiscal Year 2002
(1) Professor Daminique Barjo (Sorbonne University (Paris IV)) who was in charge of the arrangement of a session on "Americanization" on the 13th International Conference of Economic Historian Association from July 22-26, was invited by Professor Isao Hirota as a Visiting Professor of Center for International Research on the Japanese Economy, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo and visited Japan from October 17-November 5 and gave the lectures and exchanged opinions with the members of the study group.
(2) Professor Isao Hirota (University of Tokyo), Professor Minoru Sawai (Osaka University), Professor Terushi Hara (Waseda University), Assistant Professor Junko Watanabe (University of Electro-Communications, Former Assistant Professor of Shizuoka University), etc. submitted a French paper to "History, Economy and Society" (HES), an academic journal published in Paris.
(3) This research project stimulated study on "Americanization" in Japan and foreign countries. The products from our research project were published from HES.
Report (3 results)
Research Products (32 results)