The Development of a Practical Manual for Senior High School Teachers of the New Subject, "Information"
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Osaka Electro-communication University |
NISHINO Kazunori Osaka Electro-communication University, Media Information Culture, Lecturer, 総合情報学部, 講師 (70330157)
CHUJO Michio Kwansei Gakuin University, Policy Studies, Professor, 総合政策学部, 教授 (70278779)
YAKU Takeo Nihon University, Computer Science and System Analysis, Professor, 文理学部, 教授 (90102821)
MIYADERA Youzou Tokyo Gakugei University, Computer Science and Informatics, Associate Professor, 教育学部, 助教授 (10190802)
TAKAHASHI Sankichi Osaka Prefectural College of Technology, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Professor, 電子情報工学科, 教授 (70100766)
SUGITA Kimio Tokai University, Mathematics, Professor, 理学部, 教授 (60056083)
|Project Period (FY)
2001 – 2002
Completed (Fiscal Year 2002)
|Budget Amount *help
¥4,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,000,000)
Fiscal Year 2002: ¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,800,000)
Fiscal Year 2001: ¥2,200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,200,000)
|Keywords||Information Education / High School Education / Subject "Information" / Learning Contents / Teaching Method / Teaching Manual|
The new subject, "Information" for a general course for senior high school starts from April 2003. However, many of the teachers that take charge of "information" have no experience in information education. We developed a teaching manual and investigated information education. The research results are summarized under the following 7 headings.
(1) We took a survey of teachers that are in charge of the "information" lesson and decided the contents of the teaching manual.
(2) We developed the learning contents of "information" based on 3 viewpoints -"the practical use of information", "the scientific understanding of information", "attitude toward the participation in information society" which are the objectives of Japanese information education. We set 20 learning items for each viewpoint (total 60 items).
(3) We set and described the following items, learning goals, contents of study, teaching method, learning evaluation, references and reference URL. Especially for the teaching method, we described the teaching material, points of pay attention to and teaching examples in order that teachers can prepare teaching plans and teaching material before class.
(4) We offered teachers the teaching manual we described as a floppy disk data and uploaded them to the Web server.
(5) We analyzed contents of "information" textbooks that students use in the class and made a table giving the correspondences between teaching manual we developed and various textbooks.
(6) We investigated actual conditions about the information education in junior high schools and discover the knowledge and familiarity with computer of students who will enter high school and learn "information".
(7) A high school teacher tried to teach a part of "information" with our teaching manual. This pre-testing showed our teaching manual is useful for teachers who take charge of "information".
Report (3 results)
Research Products (17 results)