Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Sophia University |
ISHIZAWA Yoshiaki Sophia University, Faculty of Foreign Studies, Professor, 外国語学部, 教授 (10124851)
VELIATH Cyril Sophia University, Faculty of Foreign Studies, Professor, 外国語学部, 教授 (10216202)
KATAGIRI Masahiro Nihon University, College of Science and Technology, Professor, 理工学部, 教授 (50059515)
UENO Kunikazu Nara Woman's University, Faculty of Human Life and Environment, Professor, 生活環境学部, 教授 (70000495)
HISHIDA Tetsuo Kyoto Prefectural University, Faculty of Literature, 文学部, 助教授 (20183577)
GOTO Akira Utsunomia University, Faculty of Agriculture, Professor, 農学部, 教授 (80162139)
青柳 洋治 上智大学, 外国語学部, 教授 (60146800)
村井 吉敬 上智大学, 外国語学部, 教授 (40129797)
中尾 芳治 帝塚山学院大学, 文学部, 教授 (70227734)
荒樋 久雄 アジア文化研究所, 研究員
|Project Period (FY)
2002 – 2005
Completed(Fiscal Year 2005)
|Budget Amount *help
¥33,670,000 (Direct Cost : ¥25,900,000、Indirect Cost : ¥7,770,000)
Fiscal Year 2005 : ¥8,580,000 (Direct Cost : ¥6,600,000、Indirect Cost : ¥1,980,000)
Fiscal Year 2004 : ¥8,580,000 (Direct Cost : ¥6,600,000、Indirect Cost : ¥1,980,000)
Fiscal Year 2003 : ¥8,320,000 (Direct Cost : ¥6,400,000、Indirect Cost : ¥1,920,000)
Fiscal Year 2002 : ¥8,190,000 (Direct Cost : ¥6,300,000、Indirect Cost : ¥1,890,000)
|Keywords||Hydraulic irrigation systems / A hydraulic city / Local irrigation technology / Kyaukse society (Kayin) / An inland trade port / Drawing of water from the rivers / Irrigation Engineering / Cultivation by an irrigation system in the dry seasons / ナーガ上の仏座像 / マトゥラ博物館 / アーグラ城 / タージマハル廟 / イスラム建築 / インド的宇宙観 / ウッタル・プラデシュ州 / クシュリナ神 / 井堰 / 貯水と排水 / 河川交易と港市 / クメール型水利都市 / 土着型水利灌漑 / スコータイ美術様式 / 副都城 / 水田立地 / 熱帯アジア水利都市 / バライ(貯水池) / 田越し灌漑 / 大扇状地形 / 蓄力犂耕稲作 / 水利用語 / 灌漑網 / 貯水・排水|
Research and Study on the Pagan (Bagan) and Mandalay Regions in Myanmar
Route : NARITA/KANSAI International Airport-BANKOK-YANGON-PAGAN (BAGAN)-YANGON-BANGKOK-NARITA/KANSAI International Airport
<Preparatory activities in Japan>
(1) Preparatory studies and data collections of the literatures on the hydraulic irrigation systems and agricultural reports, especially collected at the libraries of JETRO and Institute of Asian Economic Studies
(2) Study of Pagan (Bagan) monuments and sites, Burmese literatures on the Ayeyawady river, study reports on the irrigation systems of the Kyaukse in the period of British territory, reports on the agricultural machines and equipment, determination of a method on the study of the cultivation in the dry seasons and irrigational cannels, and so on.
<Research and Study in Myanmar>
1) Pay a courtesy visit to the Ministry of Culture in Myanmar, a meeting with Mr.U Nyun Han, Director of Archaeology Department :
A meeting with the Irrigation Department of Mandalay a
nd Kyaukse. Identification of the study sites with staff in charge of the archaeological study, as well as reconfirmation of an advanced notice on the sites
2) Burmese irrigation maps :
Survey and collection of the maps and reports. Translation in English of the major parts of an agricultural report on the Kyauksa area.
3) Study of Mandalay, Kyaukse and Pagan (Bagan) :
(1) Study of the ruins of the arid areas and local irrigation technologies.
(2) Study of the compound alluvial fans composed of the rivers that headwaters of these flow down from the Shan plateaus and the Kyaukse area keeping a rich volume of waters.
(3) Relative study on the inspection of the old-fashioned village-complex of Kayin and irrigational rice crops
(4) Inspection of the construction works of the irrigational facilities by kings of the Pagan (Bagan) dynasties, centralization of population, and construction of the temples.
(5) Study on an ancient trade by the river transportation and Pagan (Bagan) cosmopolitan cultures
(6) Study on the architectural method of bricks of a stupa of temples and hydraulic buildings (By the groups of Archaeology and Architecture) : Digging works will be done by an auger
(7) Study on the ancient hydraulic systems by drawing of water from the rivers in the Kyaukse area. (By the group of the Irrigation Engineering) : Examination on the crops and distribution to the villages concerned.
(8) Study on the cities, products of the inland trades, and micro-economics in a community. (By the group of Socio-economics)
(9) Study on a stupa under the preservation works and on temples. (By the groups of History and Archaeology)
4) Cooperators of the research :
Mr.U Nyun Han, Director of the Archaeology Department, Ministry of Culture, and conservators of the Pagan (Bagan) heritage. Less