Interface between English Teaching and English Studies
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Tokyo Metropolitan University |
WATANABE Momoko Tokyo Metropolitan University, Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities, Professor, 人文学部, 教授 (70210953)
HAMATANI PEARSON Eloise Tokyo Metropolitan University, Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities, Professor, 人文学部, 教授 (00232984)
TAKAGISHI Toshi Tokyo Metropolitan University, Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities, Associate Professor, 人文学部, 助教授 (20248917)
JUDE Gretchen Tokyo Metropolitan University, Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities, Lecturer, 人文学部, 講師 (00325995)
NAGATOMI Tomomi Sophia University, Faculty of letters, assistant professor, 文学部, 助教授 (60305399)
|Project Period (FY)
2002 – 2004
Completed (Fiscal Year 2004)
|Budget Amount *help
¥13,200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥13,200,000)
Fiscal Year 2004: ¥2,300,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,300,000)
Fiscal Year 2003: ¥4,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,500,000)
Fiscal Year 2002: ¥6,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥6,400,000)
|Keywords||English teaching / English literature / working knowledge of English / educational reform / textbook / Vocabulary building / communication / 外部試験導入 / 視聴覚教材 / 文学テクスト / カリキュラム改革 / vocabulary building / 英会話 / 第二外国語 / listening skill / 人文学教育 / TESOL / 母語 / 第二言語 / Vocabulary building / 英文読解|
During 2004-5, the last academic year for our research project, based on the data we have accumulated, and collecting more data which were lacking, we mostly concentrated on analyzing the data and drawing theories out of them to complete our project. Some of us actively sought for the opportunities to publish the outcome of our researches and made presentations.
1. One of the member gave a presentation at an ELT conference on the real situation of English education in some Asian countries and the analyses of the problematics she had investigated for the last two years.
2. One of the members interviewed a specialist in vocabulary building in Vladivostok.
3. One of the members made researches in Ireland on English as acquired language.
4. One of the members acquired information about English education and teaching at a gymnnasium in Denmark by e-mail.
5. Some of the members administered a questionnaire about English education to students at Tokyo Metropolitan University and Sophia University.
6. Some of the members attempted the experiment of conducting English classes as a working plan for standardizing textbooks.
7. We considered and analyzed the problematics of oral-centered English education and the significance of English literature as a textbook to be used in English classes.
Report (4 results)
Research Products (11 results)