Two dimensional element mapping technique SPECT-PIXE using extracted proton beam
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||HIR0SHIMA UNIVERSITY |
ENDO Satoru Hiroshima University, Research Institute for Radiation Biology and Medicine, Associate Professor, 原爆放射線医科学研究所, 助教授 (90243609)
SHIZUMA Kiyoshi Hiroshima University, Graduate School of Engineering, Professor, 大学院・工学研究科, 教授 (10127657)
HOSHI Masaharu Hiroshima University, Research Institute for Radiation Biology and Medicine, Professor, 原爆放射線医科学研究所, 教授 (50099090)
ISHIKAWA Masayori The University of Tokyo, Graduated shcool of Engineering, Research Associate, 工学系研究科, 助手 (80314772)
小島 康明 広島大学, 大学院・工学研究科, 助手 (80314730)
|Project Period (FY)
2002 – 2005
Completed (Fiscal Year 2005)
|Budget Amount *help
¥9,800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥9,800,000)
Fiscal Year 2005: ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 2004: ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 2003: ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 2002: ¥6,800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥6,800,000)
|Keywords||PIXE / 2 dimensional element mapping / CdTe detector / pin-hole collimator / X-ray camera / ピンホールコリメーター / SPECT|
We want to develop a new particle induced X-ray emission measurement of the so-call SPECT-PIXE which has a possibility of 2 dimensional element mapping without the microbeamline. To do this, we try to test that 1) possibility of PIXE using CdTedetector, 2) PIXE using extracted proton beam to air, and also we perform simulations using MCNP particle transport code to design the pin-hole collimator for the put-hole PIXE.
We made the above mentioned tests ;
1) Simulation which the particle induced and emitted X-ray can be focus using pin-hole collimator had been confirmed.
2) As a model device for multi-array CdTe detector, we made a FOS-Image intesifire X-ray camera.
3) Experimentally, X ray and gamma ray can be focused using pin-hole collimator developed the X-ray camera.
4) Experimentally, X ray and gamma ray can be focused using pin-hole collimator using CdTe array detector. However, the CdTe detector did not have enough energy resolution for charasteristic X ray separation.
5) It was shown the CdTe shotkey CdTe array detector or Si-pin-photodiode array detector are sutable for the SPECT PIXE system.
6) We make sure PIXE measurements using extracted proton beam.
7) We make sure that pin-hole collimator of magnification factor 10 can obtain the 14 μm
In sammry, the proposed new technique of SPECT-PIXE is confiemed a possibility of 2 dimentional element mapping in position resolution about 20 μm. The system will be improved position resolution using X-ray lense such as Frenel-Zone plate.
Report (5 results)
Research Products (7 results)