Bacteriological and regenerative approach for dental caries treatment
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Tsurumi University |
MOMOI Yasuko Tsurumi University, School of Dental Medicine, Professor, 歯学部, 教授 (10103558)
SHIGETANI Yoshimi Niigata University, Medical and Dental Hospital, Research fellow, 医歯学総合病院, 医員 (80397132)
IKENAGA Hideaki Osaka Dental Collage, Instructor, 歯学部, 助手 (50232210)
NODA Mamoru Hokkaido University, Hospital, Lecturer, 病院・講師 (10301889)
NAKAOKI Yasuko Hokkaido University, Graduate School of Dentistry, Instructor, 大学院歯学研究科, 助手 (50302881)
IMAZATO Satoshi Osaka University, Graduate School of Dentistry, Associate professor, 大学院歯学研究科, 助教授 (80243244)
竹中 彰治 新潟大学, 大学院・医歯学総合研究科, 助手 (50313549)
高務 朋将 岡山大学, 大学院・医歯学総合研究科, 助手 (20314700)
|Project Period (FY)
2003 – 2005
Completed(Fiscal Year 2005)
|Budget Amount *help
¥27,950,000 (Direct Cost : ¥21,500,000、Indirect Cost : ¥6,450,000)
Fiscal Year 2005 : ¥5,850,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,500,000、Indirect Cost : ¥1,350,000)
Fiscal Year 2004 : ¥6,630,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,100,000、Indirect Cost : ¥1,530,000)
Fiscal Year 2003 : ¥15,470,000 (Direct Cost : ¥11,900,000、Indirect Cost : ¥3,570,000)
|Keywords||Cariogenic bacteria / Antibacterial effects / Remineralization / Infected dentin / Adhesion / Carious detector / Glass-ionomer cement / う蝕象牙質|
1. A PCR analysis and a cultural method were compared for their sensibility in detecting bacteria of caries infected-and affected-dentin. As for the dentin that is lightly stained by a caries detective solution, no bacteria was found using a cultural method while an existence of bacteria was confirmed with use of a PCR analysis.
2. Anaerobic bacteria was confirmed to form a biofilm by which an acid resistance of bacteria was enhanced.
3. An initial stage of pulpitis in human teeth was assessed histogenetically where simple pulpitis and vasodilation of the blood vessels were observed when the bacteria were seen in the cavity floor.
4. Indirect pulp capping was bacteriologically assessed in vivo during its following up. All cases showed a good healing process when a stained dentin with caries detective solution and a decalcified dentin were completely removed.
5. Glass-ionomer cements containing chlorhexidine are effective in inhibiting growth of bacteria associated with caries. Incorporation of 1 % chlorhexidinediacetate is optimal to give appropriate physical and bonding properties.
6. An initial adhesion of oral bacteria was assessed on esthetic restoratives after their surface modification using functional silane in vitro. Alkoxysilane (KBM-7803) showed a potential of significant decrease of initial adhesion of the bacteria.
7. Bonding between dentin and resins with self-etching system showed the strengths of normal > caries-affected > infected in order. Bond strengths were nearly the same with partially deminelarized dentin and a completely decalcified dentin.
8. Saliva test kits used for determining caries risks were evaluated in which their detective ability of bacteria was equivalent between two different methods, a cultural methods and a method of specific antibody. Results showed there was no significant difference between the two.
Research Products (11results)