Development of curriculum on food education by using opportunity of school lunch
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
Eating habits, studies on eating habits
|Research Institution||Miyagi University of Education|
WATANABE Takao Miyagi University of Education, 教育学部, Professor (20004608)
NAKAYA Noriko Miyagi university of Education, 教育学部, Professor (40074108)
TANAKA Takeo Miyagi university of Education, 教育学部, Professor (30091531)
KAMATA Yoshiro Miyagi university of Education, 教育学部, Professor (50124566)
KOGANEZAWA Takaaki Miyagi university of Education, 教育学部, Professor (70153517)
|Project Period (FY)
2003 – 2005
Completed(Fiscal Year 2005)
|Budget Amount *help
¥6,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥6,000,000)
Fiscal Year 2005 : ¥1,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,600,000)
Fiscal Year 2004 : ¥2,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,000,000)
Fiscal Year 2003 : ¥2,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,400,000)
|Keywords||School lunch / Food Education / Agriculture / Life style / Environmental Education / Food / Cooking / Food culture / 食育基本法 / 健康教育 / 体験学習 / 地産地消 / 農業体験 / 総合的な学習 / 持続可能な開発のための教育(ESD)|
From 2003 to 2005, our project organized study group of which members are Primary school, middle school, high school.
In every year, the meeting of developing curriculum on food education, have been held.
The result of this project were concluded three types as bellows.
First type was on primary school.
(1) Curriculum on the relationship between soil and earthworm. This teach first and second year grade students to understand the function of soil.
(2) Curriculum on growing rice in the school paddy fields. This teach 5^<th> years grade students how to grow the rice from seed rice. Students can understand the process of rice growing by not using chemical fertilizer and pesticide
(3) Curriculum on growing rice and using rice straw. Especially, using rice straw program is to study how to make natto using rice straw and to study how to make paper from rice straw. Students study the traditional knowledge
Second type was on middle school
(1) Curriculum on social study, Geography to study Japanese food self-sufficiency and Global food issues. this curriculum is to study text book and experience of growing soy beans, making tofu from soy beans.
(2) Curriculum on school lunch. Students study how to cook the menu of school lunch.
Third type was on high school and University
(1) Curriculum on school lunch in high-school dormitory.
(3) Curriculum on special lecture for university students. This teach them the relationship between food and human life style. Through developing these curriculum, we clear that food education by using school lunch is easiest opportunity to understand what food is so important for life.
Research Products (4results)