Development of Eugenic Thought in Education - History and Prospect -
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Osaka University |
FUJIKAWA Nobuo Osaka University, Graduate School of Human Sciences, Associate Professor, 人間科学研究科, 助教授 (10212185)
TAKAGI Masashi Fukuoka University, Faculty of Humanities, Associate Professor, 人文学部, 助教授 (70242790)
OKABE Mika Kyoto University of Education, Faculty of Education, Associate Professor, 教育学部, 助教授 (80294776)
NEMURA Naomi Nihon University, College of Economics, Associate Professor, 経済学部, 助教授 (10251696)
MARUYAMA Yasushi Hiroshima University, Graduate School of Education, Associate Professor, 大学院・教育学研究科, 助教授 (30253040)
YAMAUCHI Noriyuki Yamanashi Gakuin Junior College, Department of Child Care, Associate Professor, 保育科, 助教授 (10352808)
|Project Period (FY)
2003 – 2005
Completed (Fiscal Year 2005)
|Budget Amount *help
¥6,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥6,400,000)
Fiscal Year 2005: ¥1,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,500,000)
Fiscal Year 2004: ¥2,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,400,000)
Fiscal Year 2003: ¥2,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,500,000)
|Keywords||Eugenics / Family Education / Medical Science of Reproduction / Population Policy / Colonialism / Bioethics|
The research activities in the 2005 fiscal year are as follows.
1. Final report on allotted researches in the last preliminary meeting hold in the Graduate School of Human Sciences, Osaka University (August 28-30, 2005).
2. Gathering and analysis of basic materials (mainly materials concerning eugenics discussions in psychology, medical science, law, family education and concerning the actual eugenics discussions in Europe and America) concerning each research theme.
3. Presentation of results of the following four researches at the 15^<th> academic conference of the History of Educational Thought Society (Nihon University, September 2005).
a) Masashi Takagi : Eugenic marriage under the law of national eugenics.
b) Yasushi Maruyama : Eugenics and Education.
c) Naomi Nemura : Moral-philosophical Consideration on the "Right for Self Determination".
d) Nobuo Fujikawa : Essay on Taylor-Made-Education.
4. Publication of academic papers : see 11 of this report.
5. Making of the final report of results of our research and meeting for the publication of the results of the research.
Report (4 results)
Research Products (17 results)