Rural Planning Techniques Improving Hilly and Mountainous Villages
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
Irrigation, drainage and rural engineering/Rural planning
|Research Institution||Gifu University |
MATSUMOTO Yasuo Gifu University, Faculty of Applied Biological Sciences, Professor, 応用生物科学部, 教授 (30021728)
TAKAHASHI Tsuyoshi Ishikawa Prefectural University, Faculty of, Faculty of Bioresources and Environmental Sciences, Professor, 生物資源環境学部, 教授 (80021707)
HOSHINO Satoshi Kobe University, Faculty of Agriculture, Associate Professor, 農学部, 助教授 (60192738)
MIYAKE Yasunari University of Hyogo, School of Human Science and Technology, Associate Professor, 環境人間学部, 助教授 (60262755)
KUKI Yasuaki Kyoto Unviersity, Graduate School of Agriculture, Assistant Professor, 農学研究科, 助手 (60303872)
|Project Period (FY)
2003 – 2005
Completed (Fiscal Year 2005)
|Budget Amount *help
¥13,700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥13,700,000)
Fiscal Year 2005: ¥2,300,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,300,000)
Fiscal Year 2004: ¥4,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,000,000)
Fiscal Year 2003: ¥7,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥7,400,000)
|Keywords||Vital statistics / Depopulation and aging / Rural woodland / Vacant house use / Damage of animal attack / Cultivation abandonment / Exchange-oriented community / Village resources / 活性化 / 農産物直売施設 / テキストマイニング / 農家民宿 / 構造改革特区 / 鳥獣害 / 農地利用構想 / ワークショップ / 住民自治組織 / 地域協働 / グリーンツーリズム / 体験農園|
Surveillance studies for rural planning techniques improving hilly and mountainous villages of the depopulation and the aging were carried out and lead to the following results.
1) The vital statistics in rural depopulated areas showed that a large amount of youth, 15 to 24 years old, moved to urban area for higher education or employment. The working chance was key point for their activation. Other studies on farmer's market showed that the visitors were almost customers from adjacent cities and the connection between farmers and customers and solidarity among farmers lead to greater farming incentive and regional activation, as well as money income.
2) The actual conditions of farm inns and allotment gardens in the Special Structural Reform Zone in Hyogo Prefecture were clarified and the rural woodland maintenance and the vacant house use were researched. It was found that the device strengthening the local resident's participation was necessary for the rural woodland maintenance and t
he difference of the consciousness between the owner and the applicant was an obstruction factor for the vacant house use promotion.
3) The present situation of land use of the mountainous area was studied from the point of view which was the agricultural damage of wild animals, and the future tasks for the management of rural areas were pointed out. It was also clarified that the uncultivated farmland and the afforested farmland because of the rice production adjustment policy aggravated the damage of wild boar.
4) Potentiality of making a web site was examined for exchange-oriented community building in a participatory manner from a planological point of view and the internal/external merits were pointed out in preparing it. It was found that the three elements of rural-urban exchange strategy, community building and making a web site have strong affinity for each other and may bring synergetic effects on the community building.
1) Inhabitant consciousness for the village resources was investigated and participatory plans were constructed in the manner of workshop verifying the possibility of rural planning using traditional rural resources. It was found that inhabitant consciousness and motivation rose by making an village resources map for the self village inspection and plan agreement is easy to take. Using village resources map, inhabitant action for the next step was easy to do. Less
Report (4 results)
Research Products (19 results)