Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Osaka University |
KANO Yutaka Osaka University, Graduate School of Engineering Science, Professor, 大学院・基礎工学研究科, 教授 (20201436)
KUROKI Manabu Osaka University, Graduate School of Engineering Science, Associate Professor, 大学院・基礎工学研究科, 助教授 (60334512)
SUGIMOTO Tomoyuki Osaka University, Graduate School of Medicine, Research Associate, 大学院・医学系研究科, 助手 (70324829)
HARADA Akira Koshien University, Faculty of Humanities, Lecturer, 人間文化学部, 講師 (10263336)
SHIMADA Takahito National Research Institute of Police Science, Dept.of Criminology and Behavioral Science, Researcher, 犯罪行動科学部, 研究員 (20356215)
MURATA Noboru Waseda University, Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Professor, 理工学術院, 教授 (60242038)
平井 啓 大阪大学, 大学院・人間科学研究科, 助手 (70294014)
三浦 麻子 大阪大学, 大学院・人間科学研究科, 助手 (30273569)
|Project Period (FY)
2003 – 2005
Completed (Fiscal Year 2005)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,700,000)
Fiscal Year 2005: ¥800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥800,000)
Fiscal Year 2004: ¥1,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,400,000)
Fiscal Year 2003: ¥1,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,500,000)
|Keywords||nonnormality / higher-order cumulant / causal inference / factor score indeterminacy / factor analysis / confirmatory analysis / prior information / FastICA / 因果探索 / 因果仮説 / モデルの適合 / 同値モデル / 飽和モデル / モデルの適合度|
(1) We have successfully introduced the ICA methodology of confirmatory nature and developed a new estimation method. These and related results were presented in IMPS2003 in Italy and in the annual meeting of the Behaviormetric Society of Japan in 2003.
(2) We have proposed a new framework of Nonnormal SEM and applied it to the problem of statistical causal modeling. These and related results were presented in AIC30 in Yokohama and in the annual meeting of the Behaviormetric Society of Japan in 2003.
(3) We organized an invited paper session entitled "Nonnormal Structural Equation Modeling" in IMPS2004 in California I myself chaired the session and gave a talk about "Between ICA and SEM."
(4) We hosted an international symposium on ICA and SEM at the Nakanoshima Center in October in 2004. We had more than 80 participants.
(5) We have studied specific structures on the mixing matrix in ICA in the analysis of risk and protective factors in criminal psychology.
(6) In July of 2005, I gave an invited paper entitled "SEM and nonnormality" in the Netherlands in IMPS2005.
(7) Using nonnormal information on data, we proposed a solution to the intrinsic problems of normal SEM such as no identifiable models, equivalent models, and saturate models.
(8) We suggested to determine causal ordering of several nodes (observable variables) on the basis of ICA and path analysis of SEM.
Report (4 results)
Research Products (30 results)