Formation of Sports NPO : A sociological study on structural transformation of the Sports field
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Rikkyo University |
MATSUO Tesuya Rikkyo University, College of Community and Human Services, Professor (00190413)
|Project Period (FY)
2003 – 2006
Completed (Fiscal Year 2006)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,800,000)
Fiscal Year 2006: ¥700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 2005: ¥800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥800,000)
Fiscal Year 2004: ¥600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 2003: ¥700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥700,000)
|Keywords||Non Profit Organization / fiel / reproduction strategies / community / sports / 需要-供給 / 相対的自律性 / 象徴闘争 / 構造変動|
This empirical study aims to demonstrate issues in the size of an organization, the foundation and circumstances of the activity, the matter to continuing the activity through the national survey on Sports NPO.
The questionnaire consisted of a profile of the organization, conditions of the office and facilities, a category of the organization and activity programs, a purpose, expectation, and satisfaction of institutionalize the organization, as well as supports required to continue the activity. 162 organizations returned the questionnaire.
Major findings of the survey are below :
1) The size of an organization is mostly small in the extent of the number of board member, the number and employment conditions of office staffs, the number of members, and the size of administration.
2) Many organizations engage mainly in a support program for sports activities on a regular basis; whereas, they have not reserved an office and activity fields sufficiently.
3) Many organizations have been certified with the purpose to raise social acknowledgement and to expand consignment programs. However, the satisfaction regarding the improvement in social understanding and acknowledgement, reservation and expansion of activity fields, acquisition of the consignment programs and grant are evidently low in the comparison with the primary expectations.
4) 30% of respondents are negative about maintaining to be certified as sports NPO.
5) Respondents indicate manpower, reservation of membership, fields, funds, consignment programs are major factors to continue the activity.
6) Many organizations require financial supports, improvement of social standings, strengthen the cooperation with local governments and companies, and donation for activity fields.
Report (5 results)
Research Products (3 results)