Polarized hydrogen and deuterium target and Spin-Parity of Penta-quark particle
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
Particle/Nuclear/Cosmic ray/Astro physics
|Research Institution||Osaka university |
FUJIWARA Mamoru Osaka University, Research Center for Nuclear Physics, Associate Prof, 核物理研究センター, 助教授 (00030031)
NAKANO Takashi Osaka University, Research Center for Nuclear Physics, Prof, 核物理研究センター, 教授 (80212091)
HOTTA Tomoaki Osaka University, Research Center for Nuclear Physics, Research Associate, 核物理研究センター, 助手 (30332745)
田中 正義 神戸常磐短大, 教授 (70071397)
YOSOI Masaru Osaka University, Research Center for Nuclear Physics, Associate Prof., 核物理研究センター, 助教授 (80183995)
AKIMUNE Hidetoshi Konan University, Department of Physics, Associate Prof., 理工学部, 助教授 (60319829)
MURAMATSU Norihito Osaka University, Research Center for Nuclear Physics, Research Associate (40397766)
村松 憲仁 大阪大学, 核物理研究センター, 助手
|Project Period (FY)
2004 – 2006
Completed (Fiscal Year 2006)
|Budget Amount *help
¥15,200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥15,200,000)
Fiscal Year 2006: ¥3,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,400,000)
Fiscal Year 2005: ¥5,200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥5,200,000)
Fiscal Year 2004: ¥6,600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥6,600,000)
|Keywords||polarization / Hydrogen-deuterium target / Cryogenic facility / Superconducting magnet / Inverse Compton gamma-ray / Spring-8 / Delusion refrigerator / HD gas distillation|
Thanks to the approve of the budget for producing the polarized HD target for the photo-hadron production experiment at SPring-8 as the 5-years project in 2005, we started the concrete designs for all the instruments needed to perform the experiment. We constructed a deep concrete hole with the depth of 5.5 m and the diameter of about 2 m at the existing building for the cryogenic researches at RCNP. We list up the subjects to be done in the present project.
1. We decided all the necessary theoretical parameters for making the polarized HD target. Especially, we developed the new method to use the mono-crystal HD target and to use ultra-high purity Al wire for cooling down the HD target down to 17 mK.
2. We introduce the 3He-4He delusion refrigerator to realize 6.5 mK. On the basis of the theoretical three dimensional magnetic filed calculation, we installed the 17 Tesla superconducting magnet for the refrigerator.
3. We introduced the HD gas purification system thanks to the collaboration work with the ORSAY scientists in France.
4. We installed the control system for the refrigerator.
5. Two transfer cryostat systems are imported from ORSAY to RCNP. After the minor improvements, these two transfer cryostats will be used for our experiments.
6. The new instrument called IBC (In-Beam-Cryostat) has been designed and successfully completed.
In addition, some of the papers relating to the work on the physics experiments with the gamma beam at SPring-8 have been published.
Report (4 results)
Research Products (19 results)