Basic Conditions of Spreading Cultivation history information System, for Branding Okinawan Mango
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Okinawa International University |
HIROSE Makito Okinawa International Univ., Industry and Information Science, Professor, 産業情報学部, 教授 (20279417)
NASHIRO Satoshi Okinawa International Univ., Regional Economics and Environmental Policy, Associate Professor, 経済学部, 准教授 (70131977)
KYO Yu Hei Okinawa International Univ., Industry and Information Science, Professor, 産業情報学部, 教授 (80310069)
ASATO Hajime Okinawa International Univ., Industry and Information Science, Professor, 産業情報学部, 教授 (90258682)
MATSUDA Tomoyoshi Chiba Univ., Graduate School of Horticulture, Professor, 大学院・自然科学研究科, 教授 (70159151)
|Project Period (FY)
2004 – 2006
Completed (Fiscal Year 2006)
|Budget Amount *help
¥7,200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥7,200,000)
Fiscal Year 2006: ¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,100,000)
Fiscal Year 2005: ¥3,100,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,100,000)
Fiscal Year 2004: ¥2,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,000,000)
|Keywords||cultivation history information / Okinawan mango / food with peace in mind / brand power / traceability / sugar level ＆ acid level / certification / producer's mind / 糖度・酸味 / IT / ユビキタス|
The purpose of this research is to find basic conditions of spreading cultivation history information system for branding Okinawan mango.
Investigation Method used in this research are as follows
1) Interviews to mango producers and a retailer in Okinawa
2) Questioners survey for buyers of Okinawan mango
3) Close inspection of domestic and overseas practice examples of cultivation history information system
4) Comparative analysis of taste and ingredient (sugar level, acid level, etc.) with the mangos from other domestic production center
The results are as follows :
1) There are no incentives to promote a brand among mango producers in Okinawa
2) Buyers of Okinawan mango need the information that they can not understand only by looking.
3) Though it is trial estimation, time and expense to occur in a producer are 7% of self working hours and 1% of the amount of average sales each.
4) It is difficult to build traceability system of Okinawan mango rapidly, because of a feeling of burden for additional time and expense among producers and people related with mango distribution.
5) Okinawan mango has originality to enable differentiation from other domestic production center
Based on 5 results above, basic conditions of spreading cultivation history information system among Okinawan mango producers as follows,
1) It is needed to develop and really apply a new selling system of Okinawan mango that let producers recognize the concrete benefit of using cultivation history information system of mango.
2) It is needed to build certification system that guarantees the quality and adequacy of cultivation process.
3) It is needed to get regional information infrastructure ready that can let local inhabitant sense convenience of network-society bodily.
Report (4 results)
Research Products (24 results)