A basic study of gene and anti-angiogenic therapy for malignant brain tumor using bone marrow stromal cell and its potential of cell-fusion
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Hokkaido University |
IWASAKI Yoshinobu (2006) Hokkaido University, Graduate School of Med., Professor, 大学院医学研究科, 教授 (00113522)
石井 伸明 (2004-2005) 北海道大学, 大学院・医学研究科, 助手 (70312353)
KOBAYASHI Hiroyuki Hokkaido University, Hokkaido Univ. Hospital, Post-Doctoral Staff, 北海道大学病院, 医員 (70374478)
KURODA Satoshi Hokkaido University, Hokkaido Univ. Hospital, Associtate Professor, 北海道大学病院, 講師 (10301904)
SHICHINOHE Hideo Hokkaido University, Hokkaido Univ. Hospital, Post-Doctoral Staff, 北海道大学病院, 医員 (80374479)
YANO Shunsuke Hokkaido University, Hokkaido Univ. Hospital, Associtate Professor, 北海道大学病院, 助手 (20374481)
吉野 雅美 北海道大学大学病院, 医員 (70366285)
岩崎 喜信 北海道大学, 大学院・医学研究科, 教授 (00113522)
|Project Period (FY)
2004 – 2006
Completed (Fiscal Year 2006)
|Budget Amount *help
¥11,300,000 (Direct Cost: ¥11,300,000)
Fiscal Year 2006: ¥3,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,500,000)
Fiscal Year 2005: ¥3,300,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,300,000)
Fiscal Year 2004: ¥4,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,500,000)
|Keywords||brain tumor / bone marrow stromal cell / transplantation / cell fusion / anti-angiogenesis / differentiation / biomaterial / 骨髄間葉系細胞 / 抗血管新生因子 / Bone marrow stromal cell / Transplantation|
1. We have established the culture system of the bone marrow stromal cells (BMSC) obtained from the rats and mice. FACS analysis showed BMSCs expressed CD34 (-), CD45 (+/-), CD90 (+) and Sca1 (+). These data were published in Brain Res Protoc (2004).
2. The BMSCs presented active cell proliferation when it was transplanted into infarct brain. These data were published in Brain Res (2005).
3. Gene expression profiling was performed for cultured BMSCs and it was clarified that the BMSCs had potentials to alter their gene expression patterns in response to external stimuli. The data were published in Brain Res (2006).
4. Fibrin glue could be suitable biomaterial as a scaffold for the BMSCs when they were transplanted into brain cold injury model or spinal cord hemi-section model of the rats. These data has been prepared for submission to "Neurosurgery" or "Journal of Neurotrauma".
5. We examined the cell-fusion between BMSCs and different kinds of cells, and differentiation of BMSC under various conditions in vitro. Our data from immunohistochemistry suggested that the BMSCs might be fused with neuronal cells and showed neuronal differentiation in some specific circumstances. These findings are still under investigating by different methods.
Report (4 results)
Research Products (23 results)