Research on the Methodology for Organizing Faculty Development
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Nagoya University |
NATSUME Tatsuya Nagoya University, Professor, 高等教育研究センター, 教授 (10281859)
IKEDA Terumasa Meijo University, Faculty of Humanity, Professor, 人間学部, 教授 (90117060)
KOMINATO Takuo Kyushu Universit, Univer Evaluation, Associate Professor, 大学評価室, 助教授 (30372535)
IDE Hiroto Nagasaki University, Research and Development Center for Higher Education, Assistant Professor, 大学機能開発センター, 講師 (70324374)
SATO Hiroaki Ehime University, Integrated Education Center, Associate Professor, 大学教育総合センター, 助教授 (10346695)
NAKAJIMA Hidehiro Mie University, Higher Education Development Center, Associate Professor, 高等教育創造開発センター, 助教授 (20345862)
|Project Period (FY)
2004 – 2005
Completed (Fiscal Year 2005)
|Budget Amount *help
¥7,300,000 (Direct Cost: ¥7,300,000)
Fiscal Year 2005: ¥3,200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,200,000)
Fiscal Year 2004: ¥4,100,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,100,000)
|Keywords||Faculty Development / Management of FD / Organization of FD / Higher Education / Improvement of education / Research Oriented University / 大学教育 / 授業改善 / アメリカ / オーストラリア / ニュージーランド / FD / 能力開発 / TA / アメリカ合衆国 / オランダ|
The purpose of this research is to investigate the methodology of organization of Faculty Development in research oriented universities in U.S.A., Australia, New Zealand and Netherlands and to get some suggestions for organizing FD in Japanese universities.
The results of our research is as follows ;
1. Research oriented universities in foreign countries tend to attach importance to Education as well as research
2. The tendency is due to the National Governments' policy, which enforces universities to pay attention to education by adopting the financial policy. It does not means that Governments expect the volontary contributions to the improvement of education but that they introduce the system for compulsory contribution.
3. Some universities have introduced some systems and methods which let faculty members participate in the Improvement of their classes,. for example, evaluation on the quality of educational activities, the financial insentives, the proze of best teachers and so on.
4. Centers for research for the Learning and Teaching play the important activities for the improvement of education, especially the organization of FD (development and offering the programmes of FD).
5. There are some interuniversity organizations of the Centers to share the information and good practices for organizing FD and improving the education in each university.
6. We published the final report of this research.
Report (3 results)
Research Products (13 results)