Roles of RECQ family proteins in genome stability and regulations of body and egg development
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Kyushu Institute of Technology |
KUSANO Kohji Kyushu Institute of Technology, Grad. School Life Sci. & Sys. Engi., Associate Professor, 大学院生命体工学研究科, 助教授 (70336098)
|Project Period (FY)
2004 – 2005
Completed (Fiscal Year 2005)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,100,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,100,000)
Fiscal Year 2005: ¥1,200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,200,000)
Fiscal Year 2004: ¥1,900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,900,000)
|Keywords||Development / Oogenesis / DmrecQ4 / Dmblm / Mus301 / DmecQ4 / サイクリン|
Roles of RECQ family proteins in genome stability
(1) Both Drosophila dmrecQ4 and mus301 mutants showed sensitivity to bleomycin, a DNA double-strand break inducer.
(2) Drosophila dmrecQ4 mutant females showed complete sterility; the phenotype was not suppressed by combination of the mei-W68 strong mutation.
(3) Drosophila mus301 mutant females showed strong sterility; the phenotype was suppressed by combination of the mei-W68 strong mutation.
(4) The yeast two-hybrid assay revealed the possibility that DmrecQ4 interacts with several proteins including factors related to transcriptional regulation.
(5) We have attempted to purify DmrecQ4, Ku70 and Mus301 proteins.
Roles of RECQ family proteins in regulations of body and egg development
(1) We are setting to test whether Drosophila mutants dmrecQ4, dmblm, mus301 form melanotic tumor spots.
(2) We are making transgenic lines expressing DmrecQ4 tagged with FLAG-epitope in order to analyze which stages of eye disc formation DmrecQ4 proteins work in.
(3) We are making transgenic lines expressing DmrecQ4 or Mus301 tagged with FLAG-epitope in order to analyze which stages of oogenesis DmrecQ4 or Mus301 proteins work in.
Report (3 results)
Research Products (7 results)