Development of photoelectric optical fiber probe and expression of micro-bubble function
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Shizuoka University |
SAITO Takayuki Shizuoka University, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Professor (10324328)
KAWATA Yoshimasa Shizuoka University, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Professor (70221900)
IWATA Futoshi Shizuoka University, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Associate Professor (30262794)
SANADA Toshiyuki Shizuoka University, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Assistant Professor (50403978)
AOSHIMA Shinichiro Central Research Laboratory, Hamamatsu Photonics K.K., Leader (70393931)
|Project Period (FY)
2005 – 2007
Completed (Fiscal Year 2007)
|Budget Amount *help
¥47,320,000 (Direct Cost: ¥36,400,000、Indirect Cost: ¥10,920,000)
Fiscal Year 2007: ¥12,740,000 (Direct Cost: ¥9,800,000、Indirect Cost: ¥2,940,000)
Fiscal Year 2006: ¥12,740,000 (Direct Cost: ¥9,800,000、Indirect Cost: ¥2,940,000)
Fiscal Year 2005: ¥21,840,000 (Direct Cost: ¥16,800,000、Indirect Cost: ¥5,040,000)
|Keywords||Micro bubble / Optical fiber probe / Electro-optical fiber probe / Micro fabrication of quartz / Femtosecond pulse laser / Multi function / 光電ファイバー / フェムト秒レーザー加工 / 光感応性気泡 / 同時計測 / 機能性バブル / 界面活性剤 / 光ファイバー / 光電両用ファイバー / マイクロプローブ / 機能発現γ / 機能制御 / 機能発現|
Micro bubbles attract a great deal of attention due to their large potential for expansion in both science and technology. Conventional measurement techniques such as PDA (Phase Doppler Anemometer), ILIDS (Interferometric laser imaging for droplet sizing) and so on are insufficient to reveal their interting and useful properties. In the case of high number density of the micro bubbles, the conventional measurement techniques are not available. For the purpose of overcoming the difficult problem and pioneering an innovative field in multiphase flows, the head invastigator proposes a new measurement system based on his research results of micro optical fiber probe. We newly developed the multifunctional photoelectric fiber probe that simultaneously measures the diameter, velocity and number density of bubble/droplet and the concentration of substances. The outline of the results as follows;
1) By simultaneously using optical signals and electric signals, we established the new measurement system that measures the diameter, velocity, number density and surface potential of the micro bubbles/droplets, as well as measurement of the surface tension.
2) We established micro fabrication of quartz by femtosecond pulse lasers.
3) We elucidated the change of dynamical properties of micro bubbles/droplets and the changes of interaction between them and the surrounding phase owing to expression of function. We obtained the data for application in material production.
4) We obtained basic data for micro fabrication of tiny optical fibers and established the techniques for the micro fabrication.
The products during the three-year study period are listed below:
1) 30 papers (4 papers in Japanese journals and 24 papers in international journals),
2) 24 papers in international conferences
3) 17 invited keynote lectures (international conferences)
4) 24 invited keynote lectures (domestic conferences)
5) 3 patent applications (2 patents applied to Japan and 1 patent applied to oversea countries)
Report (4 results)
Research Products (70 results)