A Study on Construction of ELF Band Electromagnetic Field Measuring System and Application to Tectonic Activity Detection
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Nagoya Institute of Technology |
TAKUMI Ichi Nagoya Institute of Technology, Graduate School of Engineering, Professor (30188130)
YASUKAWA Hiroshi Aichi Prefectural University, School of Information Science and Technology, Professor (00305517)
KITAMURA Tasashi Nagoya Institute of Technology, Graduate School of Engineering, Professor (60114865)
UMEZAKI Taizo Nagoya Institute of Technology, Graduate School of Engineering, Professor (40193932)
HIRANO Satoshi Nagoya Institute of Technology, Graduate School of Engineering, Associate Professor (90238379)
TOMIO Goto Nagoya Institute of Technology, Graduate School of Engineering, Assistant Professor (20324478)
畑 雅恭 中部大学, 工学部, 教授 (90180877)
|Project Period (FY)
2005 – 2007
Completed (Fiscal Year 2007)
|Budget Amount *help
¥44,980,000 (Direct Cost: ¥34,600,000、Indirect Cost: ¥10,380,000)
Fiscal Year 2007: ¥10,270,000 (Direct Cost: ¥7,900,000、Indirect Cost: ¥2,370,000)
Fiscal Year 2006: ¥14,300,000 (Direct Cost: ¥11,000,000、Indirect Cost: ¥3,300,000)
Fiscal Year 2005: ¥20,410,000 (Direct Cost: ¥15,700,000、Indirect Cost: ¥4,710,000)
|Keywords||ELF band anomalous radiation / earthquake precursor / detection of tectonic activity / environmental electromagnetic field / 地殻活動検知 / 環境電磁波観測|
(1) Construction of phased array network to observe EM radiation: We increased the number of observation sites. We implemented digital filter to narrow down observing frequency band. We achieved accurate timestamp of data by GPS.
(2) Development of the high-sensitive magnetic field sensor and high-gain filtering amplifier: We reduced size and weight of the sensor, and set it in the weather-resistant case for easy setting and stability.
(3) Development of phase sensitive detector with GPS synchronization and data logging device: We developed the timing synchronous circuit using GPS. We achieve data logging system based on real-time Linux.
(4) Development of detection system for electromagnetic radiation from crust by statistical model and acoustic signature: We proposed automatically detection method monitoring on liner prediction errors. We got knowledge that indicates the existence of earthquake-precursor from detected anomalous radiations around occurrence of west-off Fukuoka earthquake.
(5) Source Estimation of anomaly electromagnetic radiation and deliberation of probability model: We confirmed the observed data are classified with map position by GTM when using cepstrum coefficients as feature parameter.
(6) Deliberation of filtering method and deliberation of anomalous radiation detection method: We proposed background noise reduction methods by TPE using absolute errors, ICA and NMF. Each method removes global background noise well.
(7) Signal analysis by neural network: We made neural net using wavelet-transformed observed data as reference. We confirmed our neural net could detect anomalous signal.
(8) Analysis of electromagnetic field: We found out anomalous electromagnetic radiation can be detected automatically by monitoring the variance of magnetic field azimuth.
Report (4 results)
Research Products (245 results)