|Budget Amount *help
¥46,020,000 (Direct Cost: ¥35,400,000、Indirect Cost: ¥10,620,000)
Fiscal Year 2007: ¥5,070,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,900,000、Indirect Cost: ¥1,170,000)
Fiscal Year 2006: ¥18,200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥14,000,000、Indirect Cost: ¥4,200,000)
Fiscal Year 2005: ¥22,750,000 (Direct Cost: ¥17,500,000、Indirect Cost: ¥5,250,000)
(1) The effect of solar UV on human body was investigated by field test using subjects. The experiment that subjects were exposed to solar light (UV light) and subjects were protected from UV by clothing was carried out, and results were compared. For the subjects exposed to UV for 3 hr, the activity of NK cells decreases and amount of IL-6 increases, and these facts indicate that the effects of UV on immune system. During exposure to solar light, the sympathetic nerve system becomes active. After exposure, heat loss from human body becomes high, and erythema is detected significantly on skin. The same experiment were carried out using Hong Kong native people as subjects in Hong Kong, and the results were compared between Japanese and Hong Kong people.
(2) The experiment to investigate the effects of artificial UV light source on human body was carried out. Using vita-lite as light source, the response of the immune system, the autonomous nervous system and subjective evaluation were me
asured with and without UV cut film. In this experiment, the significant effects of UV on the activity of the immune system and the autonomous nervous system were not detected, however, fragmentation of sleep in the night was recognized, and this fact indicates that there are some influences of UV on human body.
(3) The effects of UV on animal activity, body temperature rhythm, immune organs and endocrine organs were investigated using hairless mice. Because of weak intensity of artificial UV light, the effects on immune and endocrine organs were not detected significantly, however, as for rhythm in activity, the tendency that UV restrains the degree of activity and enhances the rhythm in activity is recognized.
(4) Observation of amount of solar UV rays(UVA, UVB) and incident solar radiation was carried out in Japan(Nara)and Hong Kong, and their seasonal change were investigated. Amount of UVA, UVB and incident solar radiation in Hong Kong are 1.7-4, 1.1-1.7, 1.2-2.1 times high compared to Japan, respectively. The relation between amount of radiation and latitude, ozone mass are discussed.
(5) The UV shielding properties of fabrics of clothing use were evaluated using the apparatus we developed. The effect of measurement condition, fabric construction and fiber materials were investigated. Using UV/vis spectrophotometer of optical fiber type, spectral transmittance and reflectance of fabrics in grey state made of various fiber materials were measured and the results were compared with dyed fabrics. Less