Change of peplel's life space in Northwest China under the reform and opening policy and the western development policy
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Nara University |
ISHIHARA Hiroshi Nara University, Faculty of Letters, Professor (70080265)
AKIYAMA Motohide Shiga University, Faculty of Education, Professor (00027559)
KOJIMA Yasuo Kobe City Univ. of Foreign Languages, Research Institute of Foreign Countries, Associate Professor (80234764)
ONODERA Jun Yokohama City Univ., Faculty of International Comprehensive Sciences, Associate Professor (50292206)
MATSUMURA Yoshihisa Hannan Univ., Faculty of International Communication, Associate Professor (80351675)
TAKAHASHI Kentaro KOMAZAWA Univ., Faculty of Letters, Associate Professor (30339618)
|Project Period (FY)
2005 – 2007
Completed (Fiscal Year 2007)
|Budget Amount *help
¥18,720,000 (Direct Cost: ¥14,400,000、Indirect Cost: ¥4,320,000)
Fiscal Year 2007: ¥6,760,000 (Direct Cost: ¥5,200,000、Indirect Cost: ¥1,560,000)
Fiscal Year 2006: ¥5,850,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,500,000、Indirect Cost: ¥1,350,000)
Fiscal Year 2005: ¥6,110,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,700,000、Indirect Cost: ¥1,410,000)
|Keywords||Northwestern Region of China / reform and opening policy / western development policy / life space / ethnic minorities / 寧夏回族自治区 / 銀川市 / 同心県 / 西部開発 / イスラム / 回族 / 生態移民 / 甘粛省 / オアシス空間 / 酒泉 / 新農村建設 / 退路進庁 / 中国陜西省 / 西安市 / 韓城市 / 都市化 / 城中村 / 観光開発 / 商品作物|
The Northwestern China has severely dry climate and complicated composition of ethnic minorities. It is the remotest inland and the underdeveloped area located far from the eastern coastal region. The contemporary Chinese government is giving priority of investment to this region under the western development policy. The purpose of this research is to investigate how the reform and opening policy and the western development policy have changed local industries, market and communities as well as life space and life style of local residents. In order to accomplish this purpose, the research team cooperated with scientists from the study areas and conducted intensive fieldwork there. The main findings of the work we as follow;
1) Even in the Northwestern Region the capitals of provinces or prefectures have experienced rapid urbanization, boom of construction of apartments and outbreak of so called urban villages.
2) Even in the Northwestern Region the extension of motorways has brought broad circulation of goods and development of wholesale markets. Retail markets there have changed from street markets to indoor markets, and super markets have become popular became of increase of income.
3) Rural area of Northwestern Region is generally speaking very poor, and people work away from home or become so called ecological migrants. So mobility of residents is rather high.
4) Some limited rural areas gain relatively high income from market product like onion or Japanese pepper.
5) The ethnic minorities in Northwestern Region keep their original religions and want to reconstruct their own ethnic culture under the reform and opening policy.
6) Those ethnic culture as well as affluent historical heritage in Northwestern Region have become the object of expending mass-tourisam.
Report (4 results)
Research Products (62 results)