Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Kobe University |
CHEN Kuang-hui (2006-2007) Kobe University, Graduate School of Intemational Studies, Professor (00188509)
加藤 弘之 (2005) 神戸大学, 大学院・経済学研究科, 教授 (70152741)
NAKAGANE Katsuji Aoyama Gakuin University, Schoo of fntemational Politics Ecommics end Communication, Professor (80114958)
MARUKAWA Tomoo University of Tokyo, Institute of Sreial Science, Professor (40334263)
TANG Cheng Momoyama Gakuin University, Faculty of Economics Asscciate, Professor (20424187)
KATO Hiroyuki Kobe University, Graduate Schcol of Economics, Professor (74015274)
KAJITANI Kai Kobe Gakuin University, Faculty of Economics Associate, Professor (70340916)
加藤 弘之 神戸大学, 経済学研究科, 教授 (70152741)
大島 一二 東京農業大学, 国際食料情報学部, 教授 (40194138)
陳 光輝 神戸大学, 大学院・国際協力研究科, 教授 (00188509)
|Project Period (FY)
2005 – 2007
Completed (Fiscal Year 2007)
|Budget Amount *help
¥23,660,000 (Direct Cost: ¥18,200,000、Indirect Cost: ¥5,460,000)
Fiscal Year 2007: ¥6,240,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,800,000、Indirect Cost: ¥1,440,000)
Fiscal Year 2006: ¥7,930,000 (Direct Cost: ¥6,100,000、Indirect Cost: ¥1,830,000)
Fiscal Year 2005: ¥9,490,000 (Direct Cost: ¥7,300,000、Indirect Cost: ¥2,190,000)
|Keywords||China / Inland Development / Rural Household / Microeconometrics / 農家調査 / 貧困 / 財政移転 / 出稼ぎ / 龍頭企業 / 農村市場|
A panel data sat of three years, more than 250 households in two districts, Xiaojin and Jiangyou, in rural Sichuan was constructed under the cooperation of Sichuan Academy of Social Science. The set was used to analyze households' behavior in the inland rural region, where economic performance has lagged behind coastal and urban regions and the government began the new village construction program in addition to traditional anti-poverty measures such as low interest loan, fiscal assistance and employment creation. The analyses revealed the followings:
1. The tendency was not observed that poorer households receive more transfer from the government, suggesting that antipoverty measures did not work well.
2. People in the poorer district, Xiaojin, were less satisfactory and demand more for infrastructures such as roads, electricity, water, and medical facilities.
3. Low land productivity explained a certain degree of poverty of Xiaojin, but much larger a factor was that Xiaojin has less non-agricultural, including migrant work, income compared to Jianyou.
4. The reason why Xiaojin. had smaller migrant work was analyzed to be its poorer land tenure and rent system
5. Farmers tend to dis-save in Jiangyou and tend to borrow from relatives and friends in Xiaojin when they face income shock such as bad weather.
6. Return to education was estimated to he positive.