Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Osaka University |
SHIMODA Motomu Osaka University, Graduate School of Mediche, Associate Professor (90243138)
FUSHIKI Shinji Kyoto Flekt ral Univasty of Medicine, 医学研究科, Professor (80150572)
NAKAOKA Narifumi Osaka University, Graduate Schoolof Medicine, Professor (00137358)
SETOYAMA Koichi Osaka University, Graduate Sokol ofLetters, lecturer (00379075)
AWAYA Tsuyoshi Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Professor (20151194)
YAMANAKA Koji Osaka University, Graduate MEd of Human Sciences, Associate Professor (40230510)
樫 則章 大阪歯科大学, 歯学部, 助教授 (40194766)
服部 健司 群馬大学, 医学系研究科, 教授 (90312884)
床谷 文雄 大阪大学, 国際公共政策研究科, 教授 (00155524)
|Project Period (FY)
2005 – 2007
Completed (Fiscal Year 2007)
|Budget Amount *help
¥7,030,000 (Direct Cost: ¥6,400,000、Indirect Cost: ¥630,000)
Fiscal Year 2007: ¥2,730,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,100,000、Indirect Cost: ¥630,000)
Fiscal Year 2006: ¥1,600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,600,000)
Fiscal Year 2005: ¥2,700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,700,000)
|Keywords||Advanced Medical Technologies / Policy Making / Bioethics / Genetic Medicine / Regenerative Medicine / Organ Transplant|
1. Cooperative Studies on Policy Making of Advanced Medical Technologies in Europe
(1) Some members participated the international research "Chimera and Hybrid in comparative European and International Research - scientific, ethical, philosophical and legal aspects" funded by European Commission, and contributed the making of guideline.
(2) We have held continuous joint workshop with French researchers on the ethical and social issues in regenerative medicine, and published some articles on the international journals.
2. Research on the present state of US bioethics
By the joint working for the translation of Encyclopedia of Bioethics by Macmillan Co. Ltd., we have got the information of policy making of advanced medical technologies in the US.
3. Joint research on genetic medicine
We have conducted the joint research among Japanese, Austrian and German scholars on the problems of genetic testing and counseling, i.e. questionnaire survey, interviews with experts, intensive dialogue among persons concerned, joint workshop and writing paper.
4. Presentation of the Japanese current situation toward foreign researchers
At the international conferences both abroad and domestic we have had opportunities of presentation regarding status quo of the research, policy making or task to be resolved, and exchanged opinions with foreign researchers.