MIZOKAMI Shinichi Kyoto University, Center forthe fromak. for Excellence n Higher Eclacalion, Associate Professor (00283656)
KINMONTH Earl Taisho University, Faculty of Hunan Sciences, Professor (70317642)
ISHIGAI Junko Osaka City University, Center for Research ad Development in lither Edxation, Associate Professor (80345769)
BANDO Takao Osaka University, Institute for Higher Edreation Research and Practice, Associate Professor (30189732)
松河 秀哉 大阪大学, 大学教育実践センター, 助教 (50379111)
ASPNALL Robert Shiga University, Faculty of Economics, Professor (10346009)
高杉 英一 大阪大学, 大学教育実践センター, 教授 (00135633)
望月 太郎 大阪大学, 大学教育実践センター, 教授 (50239571)
山成 数明 大阪大学, 大学教育実践センター, 教授 (40116124)
岩居 弘樹 大阪大学, 大学教育実践センター, 教授 (20213267)
|Budget Amount *help
¥15,670,000 (Direct Cost: ¥14,500,000、Indirect Cost: ¥1,170,000)
Fiscal Year 2007: ¥5,070,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,900,000、Indirect Cost: ¥1,170,000)
Fiscal Year 2006: ¥4,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,000,000)
Fiscal Year 2005: ¥6,600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥6,600,000)
1. Survey of University Student Quality" was administered at 10 institutions : Hokkaido University, Tohoku University, Tsukuba University, Tokyo University, Nagoya University, Osaka University, Kobe University, Hiroshima University, and Kyushu University. A statistical analysis based on returned survey forms will be included in the final report at the end of the fiscal year.
2. A survey targeting faculty was also carried out. An analysis of it will also be included in the final report.
3. An English language web version of the "Survey of University Student Quality" was produced. On March 19th, 2007, universities in Malaysia and Singapore administered the English version to foreign students.
4. Subsequently, web and mall and paper surveys were distributed to foreign students in England and China and the results collected.
5. As an element of this research, the Institute for Higher Education Research and Practice, Osaka University and the Osaka University Exchange Student Center sponsored a
programme entitled "An International Comparison of Course Evaluation - University of Lausanne and Osaka University.
6. Head investigator Yumiko Hada visited the Institute for the Advancement of University Learning and the Higher Education Policy Institute, both at Oxford University. Further, and investigated the current system at Oxford University for surveying academic assistance, course contents, and university education for both graduate and undergraduate students.
7. The final report will contain a comparative analysis of British and Japanese universities using the 2005 National Student Survey conducted by the HEFCE funded Centres for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETLs) based on the published interim report.
8: Every year during the project, Head investigator Yumiko Hada as well as investigators Earl Kinmonth, and Robert Aspinall gave presentations on Japanese university education at the University of Hawaii, the University of Oxford, the Institute of Education, London, Osaka University, Shiga University, and other venues. (CONTINUE TO NEXT PAGE) Less