|Budget Amount *help
¥3,530,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,200,000、Indirect Cost : ¥330,000)
Fiscal Year 2007 : ¥1,430,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,100,000、Indirect Cost : ¥330,000)
Fiscal Year 2006 : ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 2005 : ¥1,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,100,000)
1. The Research Plan and its Contents.
This research is to investigate the Border Questions and it's solutions of the Enlarged EU, concentrating the EU four border areas : 1) Kaliningrad, 2) Eastern Ukraine, 3) Western Balkan, 4) Black Sea Region and Central Asia ; as the Neighborhood Policy of the EU, that is, the Collaboration and Security Policy toward Neighbors.
The author's plan during 2005-2007 was the following three points.
1) The Field Research to the Borders of the Enlarged EU
2) Comparative investigation of the Security Policy between the EU and the U.S.A.
3) "Wider Europe"(Neighborhood) Policy of the EU, as the Economic and Cultural Cooperative Relations among borders ; Partnership Cooperation with Russia and CIS countries, Barcelona Process with Near East and North Africa, and Black Sea Regional Cooperation.
2. The Significance of Research
The significances of the Research are : 1) first of all, she showed the information of the Eastern and Sothern borders of the Enlarged EU which was hardly known in Japan, 2) secondly these border regions are strongly connected the Afghan and Iraqi War and Conflict, people's movement, Relation with Russia, Near-East Policy, that is, deeply relevant to the significant questions and decision making of the International Relations. 3) thirdly, these points made clear the difference of the thought of the International Order and Norms between the EU and the USA.
3. The Result of the Research
On the results of research, the author published the following articles, books, and had presentations in the International and domestic Conferences and other research meetings ; collaborating with the COE research of Padua University in Italy, and the COE research of Kyoto University : each COE research published two English books. And the author made presentations in the following the International Conferences ; ISA, ICCEES, WISC, Tamkang University in Taiwan, and the Foreign Ministry of Japan.