Assessment of sensitive obesity animal models for dietary manipulation and investigation of dietary components with anti-obesity effects
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
Eating habits, studies on eating habits
|Research Institution||Otsuma Women's University |
AOE Seiichiro Otsuma Women's University, Department of Food Science, Professor (90365049)
|Project Period (FY)
2005 – 2007
Completed (Fiscal Year 2007)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,710,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,500,000、Indirect Cost: ¥210,000)
Fiscal Year 2007: ¥910,000 (Direct Cost: ¥700,000、Indirect Cost: ¥210,000)
Fiscal Year 2006: ¥700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 2005: ¥1,100,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,100,000)
|Keywords||C57BL / 6J mice / KK / Ta mice / ob / + mice / db / STR / ort mice / adipocyte / abdominal fat / 脂肪組織 / 腹腔内組織 / レプチン / レプチン受容体 / Ortマウス|
1. Diet induced response in C57BL/6J mice (a wild type ; +/+) : I examined the diet induced response in the wild type (+1+) mice for the purpose of collecting the background data of the ob hetero type mice (ob/+). As a result, in wild type mice (+1+), the high fat diet increased abdominal fat accumulation, but it was thought that the function of adipose tissues was not influenced significantly.
2. Comparison of diet induced response between ob hetero type of the leptin knockout mice (ob/+) and the wild type mice (+/+) : As a result of comparison of the diet induced response between ob/+ and +/+ male mice, both mice models were observed diet induced response sensitively. These results suggested that influence of the high fat diet was stronger than the genotype in this mouse model.
3. Evaluation of the functional food ingredients in hetero type (ob/+) and wild type (+/+) mice : As a result, inhibitory effect of the enlargement of the abdominal adipocyte was observed in the both of soy bean
phospholipids and egg yolk phospholipids evaluated.
4. Comparison of diet induced response between db hetero type of the leptin receptor knockout mice (db/+) and the wild type mice (+/+) : I bred the db/+ mice with a background of C57BL/6J mice with a mating method and compared the diet induced response. As a result, a difference between db/+ and +/+ mice was significant, and the marked difference was observed in the high fat diet compared to that in the normal diet.
5. Evaluation of the STR/Ort mice as the novel obesity model mice : As a result of having evaluated the STR/Ort mice which develop natural murine osteoarthritis, it was easy to develop the abdominal fat obesity in the normal diet, and the sensitivity for the high fat diet was better than the C57BL/6J mice.
6. Evaluation of the functional food ingredients in C57BL/6J and KK/Ta mice : I evaluated the functional food ingredients in C57BL/6J and KK/Ta mice It was thought that adequate model should be chosen depending on a purpose of the research so that a KK/Ta mouse was different from a C57BL/6J mouse in the response to the diet. Less
Report (4 results)
Research Products (4 results)