Decreasing of Birth Rate and Family Planning Movement in Post-war Japan
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Osaka Prefecture University(2006-2007)|
Osaka Sangyo University(2005)
TAMA Yasuko Osaka Prefecture University, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Professor (00222125)
|Project Period (FY)
2005 – 2007
Completed(Fiscal Year 2007)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,850,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,700,000、Indirect Cost : ¥150,000)
Fiscal Year 2007 : ¥650,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000、Indirect Cost : ¥150,000)
Fiscal Year 2006 : ¥600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 2005 : ¥600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥600,000)
|Keywords||family planning / midwife / Osaka Prefecture / 産児調節 / 受胎調節実地指導員 / 社会学 / 家族 / 人口|
I continued to interview instructors of family planning. On behalf of one of them, I found precious resources on curriculum and lectures, the report on opinion of midwives, and `humane models for practices. Assembling resources, findings are as follows:
1. Family planning movement was performed by them, supported by budget from 1955.
2. In 1957, there seemed to be about five hundred and fifty instructors who are temporarily employed by Osaka prefecture Health Centers or Osaka City Health Centers. Those public health centers enforced family planning as one of services for the poor or as one of services for mothers and babies. They are suggested to have had crucial role for promotion of family planning because there were few midwives who were eager to be instructors.
3. In Osaka, there were other kind of instructors who were employed by companies or public offices such as police and teachers. Therefore , there were many kinds of roots for promoting family p
4. The midwifery association gave courses for instructors and compelled practicing midwives to have them, about half amount of whom are reluctant to.
5. The midwifery association had been having compelling power over midwives for a long time-before WWII. Public health centers had also been having compelling power over them for a long time. There were some labor unions which employed them before WWII Therefore there were some roots alike by which midwives sewed before WWII.
Research Products (12results)