A Comparative Study on Chinese Expressions in Japanese Classical Literature
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||University of Tsukuba |
HAGA Norio University of Tsukuba, Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Professor, 大学院人文社会科学研究科, 教授 (20097827)
MUKOUJIMA Shigeyoshi University of Tsukuba, Emeritus Professor, 名誉教授 (50015393)
MATSUMOTO Hajime University of Tsukuba, Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Professor, 大学院人文社会科学研究科, 教授 (40128814)
TANIGUCHI Kosuke University of Tsukuba, Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Associate Professor, 大学院人文社会科学研究科, 助教授 (40272124)
YOSHIMORI Kanako University of Tsukuba, Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Associate Professor, 大学院人文社会科学研究科, 助教授 (10302829)
SHIRAI Itsuko Shukutoku University, General Welfare Department, Associate Professor, 総合福祉学部, 助教授 (40323224)
|Project Period (FY)
2005 – 2006
Completed(Fiscal Year 2006)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,200,000)
Fiscal Year 2006 : ¥1,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,200,000)
Fiscal Year 2005 : ¥2,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,000,000)
|Keywords||Japanese literature / Chinese literature / Comparative literature / Chinese words|
Our research project aims to grasp the realities of Chinese expressions in Japanese classical literature and to describe their particular techniques in the poetical works. In order to achieve them, we have carried out the process of recognition and identification of the Chinese expressions in Japanese classical literature. One of the main methods we have taken is to analyze the relationship of Chinese words and poetical words in Manyoshu『萬葉集』and Kaifuso 『懐風藻』. As a result, the Chinese words have been classified into the following six categories :
1. Examples of reading of Chinese words in Japanese pronunciation and using them in the poetry :「露命」・「露の命」、「月舟」・「月の舟」 etc.
2.Examples of changing the original meanings :「傾命」「喧」「所心」「縁起」 etc
3. Examples of requiring reexamination on the reception:
(1) Examples of lacking records before Manyoshu:「増恋」「裁作」etc.
(2) Examples of lacking identification of origin:「自哀」「返報」「悽惆」etc.
(3) Examples of requiring the distinction of Chinese origin or Japanese coinage:
(4) Examples of recognizing as Japanese made:「恋緒」「著接」「裁歌」etc.
4. Examples of using as poetical expressions:「求食」「痛念」「何怜」「山斎」etc.
5. Examples of requiring other records as Chinese expressions:「哀働」「感緒」etc.
6. Examples of rhetoric or special parallelism in Kaifuso:「雲岸-霧浦」etc.
Concerning the classified Chinese words above, we have retrieved expressions and usages in China with the assistance of research supporters. On the basis of the result we have investigated the differences of usages in China and in Japan and accumulated the data to describe the particular techniques of Chinese expressions.
In addition, we have made photocopies of Tunhuang敦煌documents which are important for the study of Chinese words and expressions in Japanese classics and put them in order. Besides, we have input the text of Kaifuso in electronic data to make its variorum edition.
Research Products (22results)