Fundamental Research on Taiwan Indigenous Literature and its Language Environment
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
Literatures/Literary theories in other countries and areas
|Research Institution||Tenri University |
SHIMOMURA Sakujiro Tenri University, Faculty of International Cultuer Studies, Professor (20148670)
|Project Period (FY)
2005 – 2007
Completed (Fiscal Year 2007)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,740,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,500,000、Indirect Cost: ¥240,000)
Fiscal Year 2007: ¥1,040,000 (Direct Cost: ¥800,000、Indirect Cost: ¥240,000)
Fiscal Year 2006: ¥1,100,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,100,000)
Fiscal Year 2005: ¥1,600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,600,000)
|Keywords||Taiwan Indigenous Literature / language Environment / Aborigines Elite / The others / Representation / Formosan Languages / Mandarin Chinese / Japanese Language / 原住民族エリート / 他者 / 表彰 / 民族諸語|
This research, over the past three years, while availing of the cooperative research of the researchers on the front line of Taiwan Indigenous Literature we were able to further expand the research. For that reason while we were able to more fully understand the most recent literary works and the research conditions of Taiwan Indigenous Literature, we are able to present research results beyond our expectations. Concretely speaking, our results are as follows :
1. Research presentations at International Symposiums (4 times). The Symposiums were held at the following locations: National Dong Hwa University (2005.9), National Sun Yat-sen University, (2006.5), National Central Library (2007.9), and Tenri University (2008.4).
2. Published results of meeting's presentation
3. Three-way discussions and lectures at Providence University and National Museum of Taiwan Literature.
4. Published Translations of A Selection of Taiwan's Native Literature (Currently seven completed volumes).
5. Publication of Research on Gao Yi-sheng (YA74 Kazuo) Altogether 10 volumes.
6. Preparations for the opening of an international symposium on the hundred-year birthday anniversary of Gao Yi-sheng. (Held on the 18-19th the April, 2008
In addition, this study is a fundamental research on Taiwan's native literature research, and thus, it is necessary to continue developing this line of research. Fortunately, we were able to receive a grant-in-aid (C) for the period of 2008 to 2010 to undertake research on “transformation in the linguistic environment of Taiwanese native groups and linguistic transitions (from Japanese to Mandarin Chinese)." We expect a further deepening and expansion of the research.
Report (4 results)
Research Products (42 results)