Cross-National Research on the Acceptance Agenda and Education for Migrant Caregivers
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
Social welfare and social work studies
|Research Institution||Kyoto Women's University |
YAMADA Kenji Kyoto Women's University, Dp. Living and Welfare, Associate Professor (00320664)
NAKAMURA Yasuyuki Kyoto Women's University, Dp. Living and Welfare, Professor (20144371)
SHIMOMURA Masaki Kyoto Women's University, Dp. Living and Welfare, Professor (30216139)
YAMADA Kozo Kyoto Women's University, Dp. Living and Welfare, Professor (10136286)
MIZUMURA Hiroko Toyo University, Dp. Life Design, Associate Professor (30331341)
KATO Sonoko Chubugakuinn University, Dp. Human Welfare, Professor (70066413)
横須賀 俊司 県立広島大学, 保健福祉学部, 助教授 (60304193)
|Project Period (FY)
2005 – 2007
Completed (Fiscal Year 2007)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,650,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,500,000、Indirect Cost: ¥150,000)
Fiscal Year 2007: ¥650,000 (Direct Cost: ¥500,000、Indirect Cost: ¥150,000)
Fiscal Year 2006: ¥1,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,500,000)
Fiscal Year 2005: ¥1,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,500,000)
|Keywords||aged society / decreasing population / care giving / migrant workers / labor market / education / immigrants / 教育課程 / 介護士 / 外国人 / 労働力 / 労働力不足 / ケアワーカー|
1. The reality of migrant caregivers labor situation in North Europe (Sweden)
1) Migrant caregivers take over approximately 50-80%in all caregivers in urban area. In rural district is 30-50%.
2) Above rare is growing up year by year. But the rate of Swedish caregivers are going down even the wage policy of government.
2. In Sweden and Finland, Regard to the advocacy situation for migrant caregivers.
1) There isn't any gap and discrimination on payment and other labor conditions between migrant to domestic workers.
2) Almost domestic caregivers take position of supervisor. In case they retire, the post which they were have compensated by migrant labors.
3. In Hong Kong, the reality of acceptance agenda of migrant caregivers and labor situations.
1) Migrant workers from South East Asian countries assume 80-90%of domestic cares.
2) General countries sending caregivers are Philippine Indonesia Thailand and Vietnam.
3) The reality of labor conditions are out of the contract trading countries have made. Labor situations are grinding and severity. About day off, payment(amount/counting et al), hours of labor conditions aren't full the regulations of labor law.
4. Over 5,000,000 migrant caregivers are traded on the international labor market of nurse and caregiver. Japanese system to accept migrant caregivers are further from the evolution of international labor market. And it isn't on demand at absence of care giving in Japan.
5. The concept and education contents of care giving in Japan are very unique relatively in considerable measure. The Japanese comprehensive systems (involve education) of care giving takes divergence position from international standard.
Report (4 results)
Research Products (12 results)