|Budget Amount *help
¥2,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,000,000)
Fiscal Year 2006: ¥500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 2005: ¥1,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,500,000)
The purpose of this study is to develop a theory on juvenile delinquents understanding and educational treatment, for therapists in judicial administrative system and school teachers. In this study, "compulsory" relationship between juveniles and those in charge was recognized as a characteristic common to judicial administrative system and school. On the basis of this particularity, juvenile delinquents' "acting-out" on the therapeutic process and their problem behaviors itself was considered.
This study revealed the following six points.
1. Based on the detailed study in the theories of Freud, Klein and Winnicott, it was revealed how therapist should be with juvenile delinquents with partial object-relationship.
2. Through analysis of psychotherapeutic processes of juvenile probationers/parolees, "hope" (Winnicott, 1963) (i.e. need for help) and "unconscious sense of guilt" (Freud, 1923) were found in their problematic behaviors such as second delinquency. Furthermore, it was revealed t
hat therapist's effort to understand these implication and be "holding" (Winnicott, 1963) facilitated juveniles' introjection and internalization of "superego, ego-ideal" (Freud, 1923).
3. By analyzing psychotherapeutic processes of juvenile probationers/parolees, it was found that their problematic behaviors, such as second delinquency, have very important meanings, which are not only to give actual reality to the "compulsory" and virtual relationship, and also to make clear the therapeutic task.
4. Through analysis of psychotherapeutic processes of juvenile probationers/parolees, the therapeutic function of authority system was also found. That is basic factor of protective measures and functions as a strong framework of "holding".
5. By analyzing several cases of consultation for school teachers feeling difficulties in relationship with delinquent students, it was found that psychological developmental theory including two-body relationship was effective on student understanding. Besides, the viewpoint consultant for school teachers should have was discussed.
6. Through the above five points, it was insisted the significance of the mental development theory on understanding and educational treatment for juveniles with delinquent tendency. Furthermore, the result of a questionnaire on school teachers supported this significance. Less