On Relation between the Nationalism and Influence of Theosophical Thought on New Education and Cultural Pedagogy in Japan
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Hiroshima University (2006-2007)|
Shimonoseki City University (2005)
ETO Yoshinori Hiroshima University, Graduate School of Letters, Associate Professor (60270013)
|Project Period (FY)
2005 – 2007
Completed (Fiscal Year 2007)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,970,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,700,000、Indirect Cost: ¥270,000)
Fiscal Year 2007: ¥1,170,000 (Direct Cost: ¥900,000、Indirect Cost: ¥270,000)
Fiscal Year 2006: ¥700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 2005: ¥1,100,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,100,000)
|Keywords||Theosophy / New Education / Rudolf Steiner / Nationalism / モンテッソーリ / シュタイナー教育思想 / シュタイナー教育 / 大川周明 / ソロヴィヨフ / 精神科学 / 倫理的自由主義 / 入澤宗壽|
This study was to clarify the relation between “New Education, Cultural Pedagogy" and “Theosophy" in Japan. We took Rudolf Steiner's Education and Maria Montessori' Education that have elements of both as an object of study. As a result of this study, we illuminated a theosophical paradigm that both educational thought have. Concretely, a paradigm of a peculiar “Vertical Axis" to Theosophy as a “Relation that I conform to the Universe" and a “Transformation of the subject for the rise of the spirit" was shown as an effective index to understand Steiner and Montessori educational thought. We could ascertain the separation between nationalism and peace theoretically.
And we made the results of study public as some papers, announcements, and books. Main ones are as follows:
1. Research Presentation “Montessori, Steiner, and Theosophy" In: Symposium “The Chalacter Formation and Environment"
(Japan Association Montessori)
2. Research Presentation “Implication of Stainer's Thought" In: Colloquium “Implication of Steiner's Educational Thought to 21st Century"
(History of Educational Thought Society)
1. Journal Publications “A Theosophical Paradigm in Montessori Educational Thought: A Point of Contact with Steiner Educational Thought" (Montessori Education No. 39 2007)
2. Journal Publications “Steiner's Educational Thought as a Life-Cycle Model of “Vertical Axis"
(Forum on Modern Education No. 16 2007)
3. Doctor Thesis “On the Theoretical Construction and the Acceptance to Japan of Steiner Educational Thought" Related Books
“Iwanami Applied Ethics Lecture 6 Education" (Iwanami Shoten)
“Steiner Education that Opens Up a New Vista of the Future" (Minerva Pub. Com.)
Report (4 results)
Research Products (40 results)